GOVERNMENT ORDERS 743
transaction has been recorded in Saankhya. At the end of each day, printouts of Cash Book Summary and Bank Books shall be taken and filed under the signatures of the Accountant and Secretary. During their visit, the Deputy Directors of Panchayats/Assistant Development Commissioners (General) and the Performance Audit Team shall ensure the compliance of these orders.
(9) The Secretaries of the three tier Panchayats concerned shall forward Monthly Progress report to the Deputy Director of Panchayats/Assistant Development Commissioners (General), Director of Panchayats/ Commissioner for Rural Development, the Principal Secretary, LSGD and State Performance Audit Officer by email by the 5th of every month.
(10) It is reiterated that until Saankhya is made online, all Panchayats shall continue to maintain their Accounts in the existing Cash Based Single Entry System.
(11) From the date on which Saankhya is made online, wherever Computerized Registers and Reports are available, Manual registers and reports will be treated as unacceptable and invalid in all the three tier Panchayats and Municipalities. For example, manually prepared Cash books, Register of Receipts and Register of payments will not be considered as valid documents. Supervising Officers and Auditors will not insist on the maintenance of such Registers and Reports.
PRESCRIBING FORM OF RECEIPT FOR USE OF LOCAL SELF GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS FOR ACKNOWLEDGING RECEPTS OF COMMUNICATIONS-ORDERS ISSUED
(Local Self Government (AA) Department, G.O.(M.S) No. 246/2011/LSGD, TVpm, Dt. 13-10-2011)
Abstract:- Local Self Government Department - Prescribing form of Receipt for use of Local Self Government Institutions for acknowledging receipt of money and receipt of communications- Orders issued.
Read:- (1) Notification No. GO(P)No. 100/07/LSGD dated 30.3.2007 issued under SRO No 667/2007 published in the Kerala Gazette Extraordinary dated 2 August 2007.
(2) Notification No. GO(Ms) No. 83/2011/LSGD dated 28-03-2011 issued under SRO No. 266/2011 published in the Kerala Gazette Extraordinary dated 6 April 2011.
(3) G.O.(Ms) No. 308/2010/LSGD dated 23.12.2010 ORDER
Government have issued the Kerala Municipality (Accounts) Rules, 2007 under the notification read as 1st paper above prescribing Accrual Based Double Entry Accounting System for Municipalities. Rule 18 of the Rules prescribes that all moneys received in the Municipality shall without exception be acknowledged by a receipt.
2. Government have issued the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Accounts) Rules, 2011 under the notification read as 1 paper above prescribing Accrual Based Double Entry Accounting System. Rule 20(a) of the Rules stipulates that the Panchayatshall issue receipt for all money received. Rule 20(d) ibid states that computer generated receipts are to be issued when the accounting system is computerized.
3. In the Government Order read as 3rd paper above, Government have prescribed that all the Local Self Government Institutions in the State shall maintain their accounting system using Saankhya Accrual Based Double Entry Accounting Software developed by Information Kerala Mission (KM).
4. It has been brought to the notice of Government that the various Application Softwares developed by |KM and deployed in the Local Self Government Institutions work in integration with Saankhya, Accrual Based Double Entry Accounting Application Software. When Receipts in Saankhya and Acknowledgment in Soochika, File Tracking Application, are issued at the Janasevanakendram, Sutharyia Information Centre or Front Office, the use of two separate Printers are required. In order to overcome this difficulty IKM has designed a combined form of receipt in which acknowledgments for receipt of money as well as acknowledgments for receipt of communications can be issued where Saankhya and Soochika work in integration.
5. Government, after careful consideration of the matter, are pleased to issue the following orders.