design as may be prescribed on the recommendation of the Health Officer for the exclusive use of each sex according to the scale shown in Appendix I and shall cause the same to be maintained in good order and sanitary condition.
16. Providing of water supply.- The licensee shall where a continuous supply of pipewater is available, provide such number of water taps and in such places as may be prescribed on the recommendation of the Health Officer.
17. Providing of drinking water in places where pipe-water is not available.- The licensee shall where a continuous supply of pipe-water is not available, provide drinking water in such places, in such manner and in such quantity as may be prescribed on the recommendation of the Health Officer.
18. Providing of spittoons.- The licensee shall provide spittoons of such description, in such numbers and in such places as may be prescribed on the recommendation of the Health Officer and the spittoons shall be well washed with such disinfectants as may be prescribed.
19. Conditions under which licence may be granted.- No licence shall be granted under the Act for the use of any temporary building for public resort or entertainment unless:-
(a) the building is provided on all its sides with an open space which in no part thereof shall be less than 45 metres in Width:
Provided that the licensing authority with the sanction of Governmentor any Officer authorised by Government in this behalf may grant a licence for any such building with an open space of not less than six metres in width and in the case of buildings constructed as theatres even with less open space in fit cases;
(b) the caves of the building have a height of not less than 2.5 metres; and
(c) every door-way in the building is not less than 2 metres in height and 1.5 metres in width.
20. Providing of means of ventilation.- Every person who may have obtained a licence under the Act for the use of any temporary building or any enclosed place for public resort or entertainment shall provide suitable means of ventilation for such building or place and shall cause the same to be maintained to the satisfaction of the licensing authority. He shall also, except when such building or place is used in day-time and no artificial lighting required, provide suitable lighting therein.
21. Maintenance of sanitary condition in the licensed premises.- The licensee shall cause every part of such building or place to be maintained in proper sanitary condition.
22. Limit on the number of persons to be admitted in the premises.- The licensee shall not permit a greater number of persons to be accommodated in the building than that arrived at by calculating at the rate of 25 persons per 10 sq. metres of floor area after excluding the area of the entrances, the passages and gangways, the stage, the stair-cases and all places to which the public are not admitted.
23. Providing of sanitary conveniences.-The licensee shall provide sanitary conveniences as may be prescribed by the licensing authority on the recommendation of the Health Officer for the exclusive use of each sex according to the scale laid down in Appendix I and shall cause the same to be maintained in good and sanitary condition.
24. Providing of drinking water facilities.- The licensee shall provide a sufficient Supply of wholesome drinking water for the use of persons employed in or frequenting such building or place in such manner and in such quantity as may be prescribed by the licensing authority.
25. Restrictions on the affixture of light etc.- The licensee shall not permit or suffer:
(a) any light to be affixed to the side walls or posts of such building or place;