auditorium, such resistance shall be protected by an earthed wire guard or other efficient means of preventing accidental contact.
50. (1) The enclosure shall be in charge of an operator holding a licence granted by the Chief Electrical Inspector to Government on the strength of competency certificate issued by the Board of Examiners constituted by Government. The operator shall be not less than 18 years and over 60 years of age and shall be present in the enclosure during the whole time the machine is operated.
Note:- The Chief Electrical Inspector may at his discretion grant renewal of licence for further period of one year at a time if the holder of the licence produces medical certificates from a medical officer of or above the rank of Assistant Surgeon to the effect that he is fit for functioning as Cinema Operator and further satisfies other condition for renewal of licence. However the number of such renewals shall not continue after the licensee attains 65 years of age.
(2) The Chief Electrical Inspector to Government who is the licensing authority in respect of the operators under sub-rule (1) shall have the power to nominate any officer under his control to renew the licence granted by him.
(3) The operator shall satisfy himself before commencement of each performance that all cables, leads, connections and resistances as also the fire extinguishing appliances in the enclosures are in proper working order.
51. No site which would admit of storm water draining into it owing to its level or location shall be used for the Construction of the building unless arrangements are made to prevent effectively the flooding of the site either by draining into a storm Water Course, if one is available or by raising the level of the site to as adequate height by the deposit of layers of sound and non-putreciable material.
52. No site wherein the Soil and sub-soil would be so saturated with Water that dampness of the floor and walls of the building would be inevitable, shall be used for the construction of the building unless a damp-proof course is provided in the basement of the building not higher than the level of the lowest floor and unless the flooring is made with a material approved by the licensing authority which would effectively prevent the dampness rising in the floor of the building.
53. Every person who constructs, reconstructs, alters or adds to a building shall wherever the site is within 15 metres of any tank, reservoir, water course, river, fresh water channel or well carry out such measures as may be necessary of as Licensing Authority may direct for the purpose of preventing any contamination of or any risk of the drainage of building passing into such tank, reservoir, water course, river, fresh water channel or well.
54. The location of the cinema site shall be governed by the provisions of the Development plan and by development Control rules if any and for areas having no development plans, the site shall have to be approved by the Competent authority after giving due regard to the environment and involvements of the site, giving the due cognizance to safety and hygiene.
55. The building site shall be no way offend against traffic laws.
56. It shall preferably be a wholly detached building, Surrounding space shall be unobstructed and shall be such as will enable the persons who are to be accommodated to disperse rapidly in the event of fire or panic and will permit the approach of fire engines and fire appliances.
57. In areas specified by the competent authority it would be permissible to construct a cinema auditorium above or below other building facilities observing due precautions as to safety, convenience and well being, of the people.
58. In the case of a building which is not wholly detached, the public ways or open spaces upon which it abuts shall be of such width as will enable the persons who are to be accommodated to disperse rapidly in the event of fire and permit the approach of fire engines and fire appliances.