THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955
1. Short title and extent
2. Application of Act
4. Overriding effect of Act
5. Condition for a Hindu Marriage.
6. Guardianship in Marriage
7. Ceremonies for a Hindu marriage
8. Registration of Hindu Marriages
RESTITUTION OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS AND JUDICIAL SEPARATION
9. Restitution of Conjugal rights
10. Judicial separation
NULLITY OF MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
11. Void marriages
12. Voidable Marriages.
13A. Alternate Relief in Divorce Proceedings
13B. Divorce by mutual Consent
14. No petition for divorce to be presented within one year of marriage
15. Divorced persons When may marry again
16. Legitimacy of children of Void and Voidable marriages
17. Punishment of Bigamy
18. Punishment for contravention of certain other conditions for a Hindu marriage
JURISDICTION AND PROCEDURE
19. Court to which petition shall be presented
20. Contents and verification of Petitions
21. Application of Act 5 of 1908.
21A. Power to transfer petitions in Certain cases.
21B. Special provision relating to trial and disposal of petitions under the Act
21C. Documentary evidence.
22. Proceedings to be in Camera and may not be printed or published
23. Decree in proceedings
23A. Relief for respondent in divorce and other proceedings
24. Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings.
25. Permanent alimony and maintenance
26. Custody of children.
27. Disposal of property
28. Appeals from decrees and orders.
29. Enforcement of decrees and Orders
SAVINGS AND REPEALS