portion of the rent of the land or building or part of the same in respect of which the word is used or damages on account of the occupation of such land, building or part; and
(b) a rent-free occupant.
(27) "Offensive matter"
- includes –
(a) filth as defined in clause (11);
(b) sewage as defined in clause (33); and
(c) dirt, house sweepings, spittings including chewed betel and tobacco, kitchen or stable refuse, broken glass or pottery, debris and waste paper;
(28) “Offensive trade"
- means any trade in which the substances dealt with are, or are likely to become, a nuisance;
- includes the person for the time being receiving or entitled to receive, whether on his own account or as agent, trustee, guardian, manager or receiver for another person or estate or for any religious or charitable purposes, the rent or profits of the property in connection with which the word is used;
- means prescribed by the Government by rules made under this Act;
(31) “Private street"
-means any street, road, square, court, alley, lane, passage or riding path which is not "a public street", but does not include a pathway made by the owner of premises on his own land to secure access to, or the convenient use of, such premises;
(32) “Public Street"
-means any street, road, square, court, alley, lane, passage or riding path, whether a thoroughfare or not, over which the public have a right of way and includes -
(a) the roadway over any public bridge or causeway;
(b) the footway attached to any such street, public bridge or causeway; and
(c) the drains attached to any such street, public bridge or causeway and the land whether covered or not by any pavement, verandah, or other structure which lies on either side of the roadway up to the boundaries of the adjacent property whether that property is private property or property belonging to the Central or State Government.
-means night soil and other contents of latrines, cess-pools or drains and includes trade effluents and discharges from manufactories of all kinds.
- means a public or a private street;
(35) “Urban local area"
-means the area within the jurisdiction of an urban local authority.
(36) “Urban Local Authority"
- means a municipality constituted under Section 4 of the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 (20 of 1994);
(37) “Veneral disease"
- means syphilis, gonorrhoea, soft chancre, venereal granuloma or lumpho granuloma;
- includes any river, stream or channel, whether natural or artificial, other than a drain;
- means any premises including the precincts thereof (not being a factory or a workshop) wherein is carried on any industrial, manufacturing or trade process, at which not less than five persons are employed for wages or any other remuneration.
- means any premises including the precincts thereof (not being a factory)