THE TRAVANCORE - COCHIN PUBLIC HEALTH ACT, 1955 Sec. 122
(3) if an order made under sub-section (1) or cancelled under sub-section (2) relates to a dairy situated outside the limits of the local area, the Health Officer shall also inform the local authority within whose jurisdiction the dairy is situated. (4) When an order is made under sub-section (1), the Health Officer may either(a) permit the milk or other produce of the dairy after being boiled or treated in such other manner as he may direct, to be sold or used as animal food, subject to any reasonable restrictions he may impose, or (b) cause such milk or dairy produce to be destroyed. (5) No person shall sell or supply any milk or daily produce in Contravention of the provisions of this section.
Fairs and Festivals
122. Notification of fairs and festivals by Government.-
(1) The Government may, by notification(a) declare that any local area or part of a local area in which a fair or festival is to be held shall, for the purposes of this chapter be a notified fair or festival centre, for such period as may be specified in the notification; and (b) define the limits of the area which shall, for the purpose aforesaid, be the site for the fair or festival.
(2) The provisions of this Chapter shall apply only to fairs and festivals in connection with which a notification under sub-section (1) has been issued.
123 Notice to be given of fair or festival.-
1) The person or authority in charge of any fair or festival shall, not less than thirty days before its commencement, intimate to the executive authority or Health Officer of the local authority concerned, or, in case the fair or festival is to be held within the jurisdiction of more than one local authority, to the executive authority or Health Officer of each of the local authorities concerned, the date of commencement of such fair or festival, and the period for which it will last.
(2) The person or authority in charge of the fair or festival shall also furnish such other particulars relating to the fair or festival as may be called for by the executive authority or Health Officer of the local authority or any of the local authorities concerned.
124. Sanitary arrangements etc.-
The local authority within whose jurisdiction a fair or festival is held or if it is held within the jurisdiction or two or more local authorities, any person or committee appointed by such local authorities jointly, shall make provision for:-
(1) the demarcation and preparation of the site of the fair or festival;
(2) the clearing and draining of the site;
(3) the disposition of the several parts of the fair or festival, including the alignment of roads within site;
(4) the supply in sufficient quantities of water fit for drinking and cooking purposes for the use of persons resorting to the fair or festival, and the proper preservation of such water;
(5) the accommodation of pilgrims and visitors to such extent as may be practicable;
(6) the lighting of the fair or festival centre;
(7) the supply by suitable persons of wholesome food at reasonable rates, and in such quantities as may be necessary to persons resorting to the fair or festival, and the proper supervision and inspection of all food prepared or offered for sale or stored or in the course of transit within the fair or festival centre;
(8) the collection, removal, and disposal of refuse, rubbish and sewage; (9) the supply and maintenance of suitable latrines for the use of persons resorting to the fair or festivals;