7 Powers of the Director of Health Services to advice local authorities
Public Health Establishments of Local Authorities
8. Public Health staff in local areas
9. Appointment or nomination of Health Officer
10. Appointment of temporary Health Officers in emergencies
11. Delegation of powers of Health Officer
12. Appointment of persons to carry out the provisions of this Act
13. Powers of Director of Health Services over public health staff of local authorities
14. Health Officers control over public health staff
15. Local authority to provide adequate facilities to the Health Officer
16. Authorization of Health Officer to perform the functions of executive authority in public health matters
16A. Local authority to manage health institutions
CHAPTER III Water Supply
17. Local authority to provide potable water.
18. Power of Government to direct local authority to execute water works.
19. Power of Government to divert water from water-main belonging to a local authority
20. Power of Collector in regard to water-supply.
21. Powers of Director of Health Services to direct local authority to improve water-supply. ..
22. Railway administrations to submit samples of drinking water for analysis.
23. Rules for the protection and periodical examination of water supply.
24. Health Officer's powers in regard to insanitary sources.
25. Levy of water-tax and earmarking the proceeds for water-works
26. New house not to be occupied without adequate water-supply.
CHAPTER IV Drainage
27. Local Authority to maintain public drains.
28. Power of Health Officer to require drains to be constructed.
29. Drains in private streets
30. Drainage for huts
31. Drainage of court-yard, alley, passage, etc.
32. Construction and closure of cesspools.
33. Prohibition of occupation of new building without drains
34. Sullage or sewage not to be let out into streets
35. Injurious refuse not to be discharged into public drains
36. Pollution of water-courses prohibited.
CHAPTER V Sanitary Conveniences
37. Obligation of local authority to provide public sanitary conveniences
38. New houses to be provided with sanitary conveniences.
39. Additional sanitary conveniences.
40. Mode of construction of latrines.
CHAPTER VI Abatement of Nuisances
41. Certain things to be nuisances.
42. Detection of nuisance.
43. Information regarding nuisance.