(1) This licence is granted subject to the provisions of the Canals and Public Ferries Act, 1890 (Madras Act II of 1890), and the rules framed thereunder for the lines of navigation in the Malabar district and shall be in force until the last day of the Malayalam year following unless previously cancelled or suspended in accordance with these conditions.
(2) The maximum load which the vessel may carry shall be as follows excluding crew:-
- (a) If only passengers are carried Passengers.
- (b) If only cargo is carried Ib.
- (c) If passengers and cargo are carried, 10 c.ft. of cargo shall be equivalent to one passenger.
(3) The vessel shall carry not less than the following crew:-
Engineers Navigation officers Men.
(4) The vessel shall be driven only by a driver holding a licence granted by the Executive Engineer.
(5) The Collector or the Executive Engineer may suspend or cancel the licence at any time for any breach of its conditions or of the provisions of the Act or rules framed thereunder or if, on inspection under the navigation rules, the inspecting officer considers that there are such defects as to cause danger.
(6) The licensed owner shall report any change of ownership and shall be responsible for all acts done under cover of the licence until the licence has been corrected.
(7) Application for renewal of the licence shall be made to the Executive Engineer at least a month before the expiry.
Date Place Cause of period of suspension Signature of the suspension from to officer ordering suspension
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
Note:- Rules 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 27, 32, 34 and 35 to be printed on the back of the form.
This licence is granted to permit the vessel described below to carry passengers and goods and to ply for hire according to the rules passed under Act II of 1890
1) Number of licence
2) Owners' name
(3) Owner's residence
(4) Description of vessel
(5) Place where vessel was built.
(6) Year in which vessel was built. Length, feet
(7) Extreme dimensions Breadth, feet Length, feet
(8) Measurements for tonnage Breadth, feet Depth, feet
(9) Contents,cubic feet
(10) Gross tonnage