Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page1192
SPECIAL RULES FOR THE KERALA PANCHAYAT SERVICE, 2006
S.R.O. No. 99/2006.- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Kerala Public Service Act, 1968, (19 of 1968), read with section 3 thereof and in supersession of the Special Rules for the Kerala Panchayat Service issued under G.O. (Ms) 888/63/DD dated 13th December, 1963, the Government of Kerala hereby make the following Special Rules in respect of the Kerala Panchayat Service, namely.
1. Short title, extent and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Special Rules for the Kerala Panchayat Service, 2006.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Constitution. The service shall consist of the following categories of officers, namely:
Category 1 - Director of Panchayats
Category 2 - Joint Director of Panchayats
Category 3 - Deputy Director of Panchayat/Deputy Chief Registrar of Births and Deaths
Category 4 (a) - Assistant Director of Panchayats
Category 4 (b) - Provident Fund Accounts Officer
3. Method of appointment.- (a) Appointment to various categories shall be made as follows:
Category Method of appointment
1.Director of Panchayats - IAS Cadre
2.Joint Director of Panchayats - By promotion from the Category 3
3.Deputy Director of Panchayats/Deputy Chief Registrar of Births and Deaths - By Promotion from the Category 4
4. Assistant Director of Panchayats/Provident Fund Accounts Officer - By transfer from the Category of Senior Superintendent in the Panchayat Department
Note.- Promotion and appointment by transfer to selection posts shall be made from select lists prepared from among the eligible officers on the basis of merit and ability Seniority being considered only when merit and ability are approximately equal.
1. Assistant Engineer - By direct recruitment and appointment by transfer from the category of First Grade Overseer of the Kerala Panchayat Subordinate Service in the ratio of 6:4.