Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page1191
(b) If appointed by promotion, for a total period of one year on duty within a continuous period of two years.
9. Special Qualifications.-(1) Every person in Categories (2) and (3) in Group land in Categories (1), (2) and (3) in Group Il shall pass, if he has not already passed, the following tests so as to become eligible for promotion to categories (1), (2) and (3) in Group I and Categories (1) and (2) in Group II, respectively.
1. Manual of Office Procedure 2. Account Test (Lower) 3. Panchayat Test.
(2) Every person appointed to Category (3) in Group I and Category (3) in Group II shall with in the period of probation pass the test in Manual of Office Procedure, if he has not already passed the test.
10. Application of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1958 and the Kerala Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1960.— The provisions of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1958 and the Kerala Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1960, as may be in force from time to time, shall apply to the employees under these rules :
Provided that for the imposition of minor penalties by the Panchayats on the employees to whom Sections 179, 180 and 181 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 apply, the Panchayats shall follow the procedure laid down in the rules that may be made by the Government under the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994.
11. Application of the Kerala Service Rules.— The provisions contained in Parts I and Il of the Kerala Service Rules, as amended from time to time shall mutatis mutandis apply to the employees under these rules.
12. Application of the Government Servants Conduct Rules.— The provisions of Kerala Government Servant's Conduct Rules, 1960, as amended from time to time, shall apply to the employees under these rules.
13. Procedure for selection of candidates by direct recruitment.— The procedure for invitation of application, selection of candidates and such other matters connected therewith shall be governed by the rules or regulations in force in this regard.
(This does not form part of the notification, but is intended to indicate as general purport) As per G.O. (Ms) No.84/77/LA/SWD dated 23-3-1977 Government issued Special Rules in respect of the regular full-time employees of the Panchayats other than the Executive Officer and those paid from contingencies. It is provided in the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act that the Government shall by rules made under the Kerala Public Services Act, 1968 regulate the classification, methods of recruitment, conditions of service, pay and allowances and discipline and conduct of the officers and servants, other than contingent employees, and such rules may provide for the constitution of any class of officers or servants of Panchayats, into a separate service either for the whole State or for each Revenue district. It has been decided that the employees belonging to the Panchayat Common Service (except contingent employees) and those of the Panchayat Department including Executive Officers shall be constituted into a single service, namely the Kerala Panchayats Subordinate Service and to frame the special Rules therefor, in supersession of all the existing service rules relating to the employees of the Panchayat and the Panchayat Departmental employees. This Notification is intended to achieve the above object.