Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page1173
(4) The authorities referred to in sub-rules (1) to (3) shall take the assistance of the District Magistrate or the Deputy Commissioner within the territorial limits of the jurisdiction of the concerned district in the enforcement of the provisions of these rules.
13. Registration of producer, recyclers and manufacturer.-(1) No person shall manufacture carry bags or recycle plastic bags or multilayered packaging unless the person has obtained a registration from the State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee of the Union Territory concerned, as the case may be, prior to the commencement of production;
(2) Every producer shall, for the purpose of registration or for renewal of registration, make an application to the State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee of the Union territory concerned, in Form |
(3) Every person recycling or processing waste or proposing to recycle or process plastic waste shall make an application to the State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee, for grant of registration or renewal of registration for the recycling unit, in Form II.
(4) Every manufacturer engaged in manufacturer of plastic to be used as raw material by the producer shall make an application to the State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee of the Union territory concerned, for the grant of registration or for the renewal of registration, in Form III.
(5) The State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee shall not issue or renew registration to plastic waste recycling or processing units unless the unit possesses a valid consent under the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 (6 of 1974) and the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 (14 of 1981) along with a certificate of registration issued by the District Industries Centre or any other Government agency authorised in this regard.
(6) The State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee shall not renew registration of producer unless the producer possesses and action plan endorsed by the Secretary in charge of Urban Development of the concerned State or Union Territory for setting of plastic waste management system.
(7) On receipt of the application complete in all respects for the registration for recycling or processing of plastic waste under sub-rule (3), the State Pollution Control Board may, after such inquiry as it considers necessary and on being satisfied that the applicant possesses appropriate facilities, technical capabilities and equipment to handle plastic waste safely, may grant registration to the applicant on fulfillment of the conditions as may be laid down in terms of registration.
(8) Every State Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee shall take a decision on the grant of registration within ninety days of receipt of an application which is complete in all respects.
(9) The registration granted under this rule shall initially be valid for a period of one year, unless revoked, suspended or cancelled and shall subsequently be granted for three years.
(10) State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committees shall not revoke, suspend or cancel registration without providing the opportunity of a hearing to the producer or person engaged in recycling or processing of plastic wastes.
(11) Every application for renewal of registration shall be made at least one hundred twenty days before the expiry of the validity of the registration certificate.
14. Responsibility of retailers and street vendors.-(1) Retailers or street vendors shall not sell or provide commodities to consumer in carry bags or plastic sheet or multilayered packaging, which are not manufactured and labelled or marked, as per prescribed under these rules. (2) Every retailers or street vendors selling or providing commodities in, plastic carry bags