Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page1144
(4) The State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee, as the case may be, shall monitor the compliance of the standards as prescribed or laid down and treatment technology as approved and the conditions stipulated in the authorisation and the standards specified in Schedules I and II under these rules as and when deemed appropriate but not less than once in a year.
(5) The State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee may give directions to local bodies for safe handling and disposal of domestic hazardous waste deposited by the waste generators at hazardous waste deposition facilities.
(6) The State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee shall regulate Inter-State movement of waste.
17. Duty of manufacturers or brand owners of disposable products and sanitary napkins and diapers.-(1) All manufacturers of disposable products such as tin, glass, plastics packaging, etc., or brand owners who introduce such products in the market shall provide necessary financial assistance to local authorities for establishment of waste management system.
(2) All such brand owners who sell or market their products in such packaging material which are nonbiodegradable shall put in place a system to collect back the packaging waste generated due to their production.
(3) Manufacturers or brand owners or marketing companies of sanitary napkins and diapers shall explore the possibility of using all recyclable materials in their products or they shall provide a pouch or wrapper for disposal of each napkin or diapers along with the packet of their sanitary products.
(4)All such manufacturers, brand owners or marketing companies shall educate the masses for wrapping and disposal of their products.
18. Duties of the industrial units located within one hundred km from the refused derived fuel and waste to energy plants based on solid waste.- All industrial units using fuel and located within one hundred km from a solid waste based refused derived fuel plant shall make arrangements within six months from the date of notification of these rules to replace at least five percent of their fuel requirement by refused derived fuel so produced.
19. Criteria for Duties regarding setting-up solid waste processing and treatment facility.-(1) The department in-charge of the allocation of land assignment shall be responsible for providing suitable land for setting up of the solid waste processing and treatment facilities and notify such sites by the State Government or Union territory Administration.
(2) The operator of the facility shall design and set up the facility as per the technical guidelines issued by the Central Pollution Control Board in this regard from time to time and the manual on solid waste management prepared by the Ministry of Urban Development.
(3) The operator of the facility shall obtain necessary approvals from the State Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee.
(4) The State Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee shall monitor the environment standards of the operation of the solid waste processing and treatment facilities.
(5) The operator of the facility shall be responsible for the safe and environmentally sound operations of the solid waste processing and or treatment facilities as per the guidelines issued by the Central Pollution Control Board from time to time and the Manual on Municipal Solid Waste Management published by the Ministry of Urban Development and updated from time to time.
(6) The operator of the solid waste processing and treatment facility shall submit annual