Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0825
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1), Secretary may also take prosecution proceedings against the owner.
139. Plans and drawings to be prepared and signed by Architect, etc.- In these rules, wherever it is required that a plan or drawing or specification shall be one prepared and signed by or a certificate shall be one so certified and signed by an Architect, Building Designer, Engineer, Town Planner or Supervisor such Architect, Building Designer, Engineer, Town Planner or Supervisor shall be a person registered or deemed to have been registered under the provisions in this chapter. 140. Registering Authority.— The Director of Urban Affairs shall be the Registering Authority for the State and the Registration is valid for practice in any panchayat in the state of Kerala.
141. Application and procedure for registration.- (1) Any person having the requisite qualification may submit an application for registration in the form in Appendix-K.
(2) A person employed in the service of Government or Quasi-Governmentor Government owned Corporation or Board, Authority or Government Companies or Banks are not eligible for registration.
Provided that paid Apprentices under the Apprentices Act are considered as not employed for this purpose.
(3) The application shall be affixed with necessary court fee stamp and shall be attached with true copy of certificate showing educational qualification and experience
(4) The Registering Authority shall, if convinced of the genuineness of the documents, issue registration certificate in the form in Appendix-M after collecting the registration fee.
(5) The registration once made shall be valid for 10[four years] from the date of certificate and shall be renewable on payment of renewal fee with a request, in white paper affixed with necessary court fee stamp, made within the valid period of registration:
Provided that a licence issued under the Kerala Municipality Building Rules, 1999 shall be deemed to have been issued under these rules and shall continue to be valid for the period for which that licence was issued and the holder of the said licence shall be eligible for registration under these rules. (6) The *fee for registration and renewal shall be at the rates as prescribed in The Kerala Municipality Building Rules, 1999 and as amended from time to time.
142. Qualification for registration. No person shall be eligible for registration in the category in column (1) unless he possesses the qualification as in column (2) of Appendix-L.
143. Registration in more than one category.- A person shall be eligible for registration in more than one category if he possesses the requisite qualification and submits separate application and fee for registration in each such category.