Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0815
103. Solar assisted water heating/lighting system in buildings.-(1) Either solar assisted water heating system or solar assisted lighting system shall be provided for buildings exceeding 500 sq.metre of plinth area under the following occupancy groups/categories, namely:
(i) Group A1 -Apartment Houses or Residential Flats
(ii) Group A2- Lodging Houses (iii) Group C-Medical or Hospital Buildings
(iv) Group D - Community Halls, Auditoriums, Wedding Halls
95[Provided that, there shall be provision for solar water heater system in the case of single family residential building having built-up area for more than 400 sq.metres]
(2) Such buildings shall have open area on the rooftop, which receives direct sunlight, where the solar water heating system can be installed. There shall be provisions for continuous water supply to the solar water heating system and for distribution of hot water from the solar water heating system to various distribution points where hot water is required through insulated pipe lines.
(3) The water storage capacity requirement of the solar water heating system shall be decided on each case by the registered Architect/Engineer/Town Planner/Building Designer/ Supervisor as the case may be.
(4) The Secretary shall, before issuing occupancy certificate, ensure that all new buildings mentioned in sub-rule (1) have completed installation of solar assisted water heating system / solar assisted lighting system.
104. Facilities for Persons with Disabilities.- All buildings under occupancy groups A2, B, C, D, E and F which have access to the public and all Apartment buildings/residential flats under occupancy group A1 shall be provided with the following facilities for the persons with disabilities:
(1) Every such building shall have easy access to the main entrance through a ramp.
[(1a) Every part of a building within a floor shall be accessible by a wheel chair and in case of level difference between parts they shall be connected by ramp/slop ways with minimum specification as above).
(2) Every public building exceeding 1000 sq.metres and residential flats exceeding 2500 sq.metres built up area shall have lift or separate approach through a ramp (intended for persons with disabilities) to each floor:
Provided that the entrance door width for each lift shall not be less than 90 centimetres.
(3) The maximum gradient of any ramp approach intended for the persons with disabilities shall not exceed 1 in 12 and shall be finished with no slippery material. The minimum width of ramp shall be 120 centimetres and provided with hand rail of 80 centimetres height. The slope of all such ramps shall be constant within a building