Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0796
(12) In the case of mercantile/commercial occupancy building other than parking buildings exceeding two floors from ground level a certificate of approval from the Director of Fire Force or an officer authorised by him in this behalf shall be produced for obtaining building permit.
(13) Fish or meat stall in a public market shall invariably be provided with fly proof enclosure.
(14) The access passage to fish or meat stall shall have minimum width of 2 metres.
(15) All other requirements in respect of fire protection in mercantile or commercial building shall conform to Part IV, Fire and Life Safety, National Building Code of India, 2005 and Amendment No.3.
(16) Sanitation facilities to be provided shall be as in Table 6 referred in sub-rule (6) of Rule 56.
59.Group G1- Low and medium hazard industrial occupancy and Group G2 - High hazard industrial occupancy.—(1) Location of any industry shall conform to the provisions contained in the Kerala Factories Rules, 1957 or any other Central or State Acts or Rules or Regulations in respect of industrial location and licensing in force.
(2) In the case of Group G1 - Low and Medium Hazard Industrial and Group G2 - High Hazard Industrial, approval of the District Town Planner shall be obtained for the usage of plot and/ or layout of buildings with total floor area exceeding 300sq. metres and up to 1000 sq. metres and approval of the Chief Town Planner shall be obtained for usage of plot and layout of buildings with total floor area exceeding 1000sq. metres
Provided that, approval for usage of plot and layout of buildings is not necessary for small industrial buildings for coir, weaving, blacksmithy, carpentry all up to 50 sq.metres of total floor area:
Provided further that, in the case of all livestock and poultry farms such approval is not required for buildings having total floor area up to 500 sq. metres, approval of District Town Planner shall be obtained, if the total floor area is above 500 sq. metres and up to 1000 sq. metres and approval of Chief Town Planner shall be obtained, if the total floor area is above 1000 sq. metres.
(3) The usage of plots proposed for development or redevelopment of land or construction of any building shall be governed by the provisions contained in the town planning scheme for the area:
Provided that where no such town planning scheme exists, the usage plot and/or building shall be decided by the Chief Town Planner or the District Town Planner, as the case may be.
(4) All industrial buildings up to 10 metres in height from ground level shall have open spaces not less than that specified below: