Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0644
644 THE KERALA PANCHAYAT LAW MANUAL Rule 6
(d) if the details, in respect of the record given in the application, are incomplete; or,
(e) if the applicant has not remitted the required search fee or the fee for copy.
(2) In case an application is rejected on any of the grounds in Clauses (a), (b), (c) and (d) of sub-rule (1), the fee for copy, if remitted along with the application, shall be refunded on record.
(3) The Secretary or the Officer concerned shall issue to the applicant a certificate, in respect of a record which had actually existed and of which a copy has been required, stating the reason,.
(a) that it is not forthcoming; if the same is not forthcoming even after a thorough search, and;
(b) that is has been destroyed; if the same has been destroyed on the expiry of the timelimit fixed for its retention.]
4[6. Preparation and issue of attested copy of the record granting permission for the personal perusal of the record.—
(1) In case an application has not been rejected under Rule 5, the application shall be disposed within fifteen days of its receipt.
(2) The copy given to the applicant shall be attested by the Secretary or the Officer concerned in proof of its genuineness and the seal of the Panchayat or of the Office concerned shall be affixed thereon.
. (3) Copy may also be prepared using photocopying facility or computer printing facility if such arrangements are available for the preparation of copy.
(4) The copy may either be given directly to the applicant or be sent to him by post.
(5) In case the application is for personally perusing and copying the record, the applicant shall be informed of the date on which he shall be present in the office for the purpose and shall be permitted to copy the record concerned.
(6) perusing and copying the record by the applicant shall be in the presence of the Secretary or the officer concerned or another Officer authorized by him.
(7) The applicant shall not, while perusing or copying the record cause any damage to it or destroy the documents therein or write anything in it or alter or erase the recordings therein or do any other similar fraudulent activities and the record shall be returned to the Secretary or the Officer concerned after perusing or copying it, as the case may be.]
7. Details in respect of the issue of copy of records to be recorded in the register.5[The Secretary or the Officer concerned shall maintain a register in Form 2 appended to these rules] and shall record the details regarding the issue of copies in the said register.