Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0641
SCH. K.P.R. (WRITING OFF IRRECOVERABLE AMOUNTS) RULES, 1998
(6) Immediately on obtaining the approval to write off tax, fees or any other amount, the Secretary shall after noting number and date of write off order, stamp"written off" on all documents connected therewith such as notices, bills and warrants (including foil and counterfoil). Particulars as may be necessary shall be entered in the demand register also. A copy of order of write off shall be sent to the Auditor, and a copy shall be published on the notice board of the office of concerned Panchayat, but in the case of Block Panchayat, a copy shall be published on the notice board of the office of Village Panchayats, coming within the limit of that Block Panchayat and in the case of District Panchayat a copy shall be published on the notice board of the office of Block Panchayats and Village Panchayats coming within the limit of that District Panchayat and the Village Panchayats shall intimate the same in the succeeding meeting of the Grama Sabha.
SCHEDULE [See sub-rule (5) of Rule 3]
Register to record the write off irrecoverable amount of.............. *Village Panchayat/Block Panchayat/District Panchayat
1. Name and address of defaulter
2. Reference regarding the entry in demand register
3. Due amount and from which item
4. Financial year in which amount become due 5. Reason for approval of write off 6. Amount written off
7. Number and date of order of write off 8. Signature of Secretary
- strike off whichever is not applicable.