Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0636
636 THE KERALA PANCHAYAT LAW MANUAL Rule 11
(iv) Dust-bins, receptacles and places for the temporary deposit of domestic waste, dust, ashes, refuse, rubbish, offensive matter, refuse from industries and institutions and carcasses of animals.
(2) Panchayat shall make adequate arrangements for preventing the depots, places, receptacles, dust bins, vehicles and vessels referred to in sub-rule (1) becoming the sources of nuisance.
11. Duty of the owners and occupiers for storage and deposit of rubbish and solid wastes.-(1) It shall be incumbent on the owners of all premises to provide a receptacle of a size to be specified by the Panchayat for the purpose of storage of domestic wastes, wastes from industries and wastes from institutions, dust, ashes, refuse and rubbish generated from such premises. (2) Such receptacles'shall, at all times, be kept in proper condition and shall be provided in such number and at such place as the Panchayat may, from time to time, by notice in writing, direct. (3) If shall be incumbent on the owners and occupiers of all premises to cause all domestic wastes, wastes from industries and wastes from institutions, dust, ashes, refuse, rubbish to be collected from their respective premises and to be deposited in the public receptacles, depot or place provided for the temporary deposit of wastes, at such time, as the Panchayat may, by public notice, from time to time, specify or to be handed over the wastes, to the persons engaged or identified by the Panchayat for this purpose.
12. Contract with owner or occupier for removal of rubbish or filth.— Notwithstanding anything contained in the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Contract) Rules, 1996, the Panchayat may enter into contract with the owner or occupier of any premises to remove rubbish or filth from such premises on such terms and conditions as are deemed expedient to the Panchayat and on payment of fees at such rates as the Panchayat may determine from time to time.
13. Introduction of house collection of rubbish.-(1) The Panchayat may introduce in the Panchayat area or part thereof, house to house collection of rubbish and other offensive matter, for which the Panchayat shall publish, from time to time, order, specifying the hours within which the occupier of any house or premises or land may place rubbish or offensive matter adjacent to his house, premises or land as may be specified by the Panchayat in a proper receptacle provided by the Panchayat or in a receptacle of the size and type as may be specified by the Panchayat in the order for the removal of such rubbish or offensive matter by the employees of the Panchayat or by the Contractor who is engaged by the Panchayat.
(2) No person shall deposit rubbish or offensive matter on a public street at a time other than the time specified by the Panchayat and except in the receptacle provided or specified under subrule (1).
14. Rubbish and other solid waste to be the property of the Panchayat. All the rubbish and solid waste collected by the employees or contractors of the Panchayat and the carcasses deposited in any public receptacles, depots and places, shall be the property of the Panchayat
15. Provision for the final disposal of solid wastes.-(1) Every Panchayat shall find out and notify suitable places within or outside the Panchayat area for the purpose of final disposal of wastes. While preparing the master plan, the Panchayats shall also include the devices for the disposal of waste and find out the place for this purpose. (2) While notifying, the place under sub-rule (1), health and environmental aspects shall be taken into consideration by the Panchayat.