Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0613
Provided that if it deems just and proper the technical committee may fix and publish a different annual work rate applicable only to a particular area in a District by mentioning specific reasons and in the case of fixing such rates the limit fixed by the Government from time to time shall be observed.
(3) Fixing of annual rate by the technical committee shall be subject to the general directions issued by the Government from time to time.
6. Preparation of plan and estimate.- (1) No Panchayat shall commence a work unless allotment of funds therefor has been made in the budget and administrative sanction is accorded by the competent authority under Rule 4 and a detailed plan and estimate is prepared and technical sanction is accorded under Rule 7:
(2) Detailed plan and estimate shall be prepared by or under the supervision of the Panchayat Engineer.
Provided that if the circumstances so require, the preparation of detailed plan and estimate may be entrusted to a person out of a panel of private Engineers, Architects or other technical experts, prepared and recognised by the Panchayat in accordance with the norms and conditions as may be fixed by the Government, and if so entrusted, the remuneration given to him shall not exceed the rate fixed by the Government from time to time.
(3) The estimate prepared on the basis of sub-rule (2) shall be in the form prescribed in the Public Works Code as followed by the Public Works Department of the Government and along with it there shall be the project report, specification statement, detailed measurements and quantities, abstract showing the estimated cost of each item and total cost of the work, and the plan and level sheets wherever necessary.
(4) The estimate shall be prepared on the basis of the annual work rates fixed and published by the technical committee under Rule 5:
Provided that if the rate is not so fixed, it shall be at the rate fixed in the manner as decided by the Government and if such rate is not fixed by the Government, it shall be on the basis of the scheduled rate prevailing in the Public Works Department.
(5) The profit of the contractor may be included in the estimate.
(6) A note containing the quantity, quality and price of the materials included in the estimate, number of days of labour computed, its wages, estimated cost etc., shall be prepared in the regional language so as to be understood by the public and shall be appended as part of the estimate.
(7)ഗുണഭോക്തൃസമിതി ഏറ്റെടുത്ത് നടത്തുന്ന പണികൾക്ക് എസ്റ്റിമേറ്റ് തയ്യാറാക്കുമ്പോൾ എസ്റ്റിമേറ്റിനു പുറമെ മൂല്യവർദ്ധിത നികുതി ആദായനികുതി, നിർമ്മാണത്തൊഴിലാളി ക്ഷേമനിധി യിലേക്കുള്ള വിഹിതം എന്നിവയ്ക്കുള്ള തുക പ്രത്യേകം കാണിച്ചിരിക്കേണ്ടതും ആ തുക, പഞ്ചായത്ത് നേരിട്ട് അടക്കേണ്ടതുമാണ്. പ്രസ്തുത തുക ഗുണഭോക്തൃ സമിതിയുടെ ബില്ലിൽ നിന്നും കുറവ് ചെയ്യാൻ പാടുള്ളതല്ല.
7. Technical sanction.— (1) Technical sanction for every plan and estimate relating to any public works shall be obtained from an Assistant Engineer or Assistant Executive Engineer or Executive Engineer of Superintending Engineer, as the case may be, who is in charge of the public work of the Panchayat, subject to the financial powers specified on each grade of Engineer by the Government by notification from time to time.