Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0606
S.R.O. No.660/97.- In exercise of the powers conferred by Sections 270 and 271 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994), read with Section 254 thereof, the Government of Kerala hereby make the following rules, namely:
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Registration of Private Hospitals and Private Paramedical Institutions) Rules, 1997. (2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,(a) 'Act' means the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994); (b) 'Form' means a form appended to these rules;
- (c) 'Register' means a register in Form 2 kept for recording the particulars regarding private hospitals and paramedical institutions registered in a Village Panchayat;
- (d) 'Section' means a section of the Act;
- (e) 'Secretary' means the Secretary of a Village Panchayat;
- (f) words and expressions used and not defined in these rules, but defined in the Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Registration of private Hospitals and private Paramedical Institutions.— (1) No private hospital and private paramedical institution shall be established within the territorial limits of a Village Panchayat without previous registration under these rules. (2) An application for registration of a private hospital or a private paramedical institution in a Village Panchayat shall be submitted by the person who proposes to establish or is authorised to establish that institution, to the Secretary in Form 1 together with the registration fee of two hundred rupees at least fifteen days before such institution is to be started functioning and the Secretary shall reject any application which is not accompanied with registration fees. (3) The Secretary or an officer authorised by him shall, within one week on receiving an application to register a private hospital or a private paramedical institution, visit the site and prepare an enquiry report in the relevant part of application form regarding the cleanliness of the site, the safety of the building or buildings and correctness of the other information furnished in the application. (4) The Secretary shall, after considering the details in the application and the enquiry report, take a decision in the matter as to whether registration is to be given: