Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0602
same for the consideration of the Panchayat. In the case of an officer other than Secretary, the President shall also submit written statement, the opinion of the Secretary or head of office therein for the consideration of the Panchayat.
(2) If, in the written statement received from an officer, it is requested to hear him in person, President shall hear him in person on behalf of the Panchayat and shall submit the matters informed by him along with written statement for the consideration of the Panchayat.
7. Imposition of minor penalty.-(1) Where the Panchayat after considering the written statement furnished by the concerned officer to the memo of charges issued under sub-rule (5) of Rule 5, or if no written statement is received, the report of the President in that regard, is satisfied that the concerned officer has committed the offence alleged against him and after considering the nature and gravity of the offence committed, may impose on him any one of the penalties mentioned in sub-rule (1) of Rule 4 and orders with signature shall be issued accordingly on behalf of the Panchayat by the President, in the case of Secretary and by the Secretary in the case of an officer not being the Secretary.
(2) An order issued under sub-rule (1),
- (a) In the case of the Secretary, the President shall forward a copy with covering letter to the concerned appointing authority for implementation and for recording the details of penalty in his service register, to Government and if necessary to the Accountant General;
- (b) in the case of a Government employee of the State service, the Secretary shall forward a copy with covering letter to the concerned head of department for implementation and for recording the details of penalty in his service register, to the Government and to the Accountant General;
- (c) in the case of a Government officer of subordinate service the Secretary shall forward a copy with covering letter to the concerned head of office for implementation and for recording the details of penalty in his service register and if necessary to the concerned head of department;
- (d) in the case of Panchayat employee referred to in Section 180, if awarded a penalty except withholding of promotion the Secretary shall execute by entering the details in his service register and in the case of withholding of promotion a copy of that order shall be sent to the appointing authority.
8. Suspension.- (1) If the President is prima facie satisfied that an employee of the Panchayat referred to in Section 180, a Government Officer or ernployee of subordinate service whose service has been lent to the Panchayat has committed an offence of serious nature, includes misconduct or deserves major penalty, and allowing him to continue in service is against public interest and will obstruct the enquiry being conducted or intending to conduct against him, he may suspend such employee from service subject to detailed enquiry and disciplinary proceeding.
(2) The concerned employee shall be entitled to subsistence allowance under Rule 55, Part I of the Kerala Service Rules, 1959, during the period of suspension.
(3) The President shall report the order of suspension and matters leading thereto in the next meeting of the Panchayat and shall seek the approval of the Panchayat for the order. If the Panchayat does not approve the suspension, the order of suspension stands cancelled suo moto and the employee suspended shall immediately be reinstated in the employment and period of suspension shall be treated as duty.
(4) The President shall immediately forward the copy of suspension order and the decision of the Panchayat thereon to the appointing authority.
(5) In the manner without being an obstruction to disciplinary action against the suspended