Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0507
* THE KERALA PANCHAYAT RAJ (HONORARIUM AND ALLOWANCES TO REPRESENTATIVES OF PEOPLE) RULES, 1995
[Translation in English of the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Salaries and Allowances to Representatives of People) Rules, 1995, published under the authority of the Governor.] S.R.O. No. 1478/95. — In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 160 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994) read with Section 254 thereof, the Government of Kerala hereby make the following rules, namely:
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) These Rules may be called the Kerala Panchayat Raj ('[Honorarium] and Allowances to Representatives of People) Rules, 1995. (2) They shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from the 1st day of October, 1995.
. In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the words and expression used and not defined in these rules but, defined in the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994) shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. [Monthly Honorarium] to the President, Vice-President and other elected members. -
The [Monthly Honorarium) in the following rate shall be paid to the President, VicePresident and elected members of the Panchayat
(1) In the case of a Village Panchayat,
(a) “[Rupees Thirteen Thousand and Two Hundred] to the President; (b) S[Rupees Ten Thousand and Six Hundred] to the Vice-President;
(c) [Rupees Eight Thousand and Two Hundred] to the Chairman of the Standing Committees;
(d)?[Rupees Seven Thousand] each to members. (2) In the case of a Block Panchayat,
(a) ®[Rupees Fourteen Thousand and Six Hundred] to the President; (b) '[Rupees Twelve Thousand] to the Vice-President;