Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0502
The Kerala Panchayat Raj (Constitution of Working Committees and Joint Committees and Procedure for their Meeting) Rules, 1995.
1. Short title and commencement. —
(1) These rules may be called the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Constitution of Working Committees and Joint Committees and Procedure for their Meeting) Rules, 1995.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
. — In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, —
(a) 'Act' means the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994);
(b) 'Joint Committee' means a committee constituted under Section 165;
(c) 'Section' means a section of the Act;
(d) 'Working Committee' means a committee constituted under sub-section (1) of Section 163;
(e)Words and expressions used and not defined in these rules, but defined in the Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Constitution of Working Committees. —
(1) Every Panchayat may, if so found necessary, constitute Working Committees for different subjects like agriculture, sanitation, communication, public works, public health and education.
(2) A Working Committee constituted under sub-rule (1) shall consist of, —
(a)The President of the Panchayat; (b)Not exceeding four members, elected by the members of the Panchayat from among themselves; (c)Not exceeding four members, nominated by the Panchayat, but non-members of the Panchayat, having, in its opinion, interest in public welfare and possessing special qualification or knowledge for service in the committee.
- Published in Kerala Gazette No. 45 as G.O. No. 48218/N1/1998/LSGD dt. 13-11-2001.
(3)A member of a Panchayat may, at a time, be a member in more than one Working Committees.
(4)Vacancies arising in the Working Committees shall be filled up, as the case may be, by election or nomination.
(5)The term of the Working Committee shall not exceed the term of the Panchayat.
(6)The President of the Panchayat shall be the Chairman of all Working Committees.