Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0325
235. Numbering of buildings.- (1) The Secretary of the Village Panchayat may in any area, where this Act is applicable, affix a number of a particular size and form on the side or outer door of any building or on any place at the entrance to the compound.
- (2) No person shall without any legal authority, destroy, remove or wipe out any such number affixed on any building in any such area.
- (3) When a number is affixed under sub-section (1) the owner of the building is liable to keep it up and renumber in case it is removed or faded away and if he defaults in doing so, the Secretary may, by notice, require him to put the number again.
[235A. Building Rules.- (1) The Government may make rules-
- (a) for the regulation or restriction of the use of sites for the construction of building;
- (b) for the regulation and restriction of building construction.
- (2) Without prejudice to the generality of the powers conferred by clause (a) of subsection (1), rules made under that clause may provide that--
- (a) no unhealthy or dangerous site shall be used for building construction;
- (b) no site shall be used for the construction of a building intended for public worship, if the construction thereon will wound the religious feelings of any class or persons.
- (3) Without prejudice to the generality of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1), rules made under that clause may provide for the following matters namely:
- (a) information and plans to be submitted along with the application for permission to construct a building;
- (b) height of buildings irrespective of or relative to the width of streets;
- (c) ground level and width of foundation of the ground floor and stability of structure;
- (d) number of storeys and height of the building and the height of rooms;
- (e) provisions for sufficient open space inside or outside and adequate means of ventilation;
- (f) provision for exit.in case of fire; B
- (g) provisions for secondary means of access for the removal of filth;