Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0324
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (4) In order to continue to get the services in connection with the properties, assets, water supply and sewerage to a Panchayat to which such services have been transferred under sub-section (1) sufficient number of Employees of the Water Authority as may be decided by the Government shall be deployed to the concerned Panchayat.
- (5) If a notification is issued by the Government under sub-section (1), all powers and rights of the Water Authority under the Kerala Water Supply and Sewerage Act, 1986 (14 of 1986) within the area of the said Panchayat shall cease to exist from the date specified in the notification and all such powers and rights shall vest in the concerned Panchayat;
- 234B. Administrative powers of the Panchayat in respect of the existing water supply and sewerage schemes.- (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Kerala Water Supply and Sewerage Act, 1986 (14 of 1986) or in any other law, the maintenance and administration of the water supply and sewerage schemes which cannot be vested in and transferred to the Panchayat under Section 234A and is beneficial to the residents within the area of more than one Local Self Government Institutions shall vest in the committee to be constituted by the Government for the purpose.
- (2) In the committee referred to in sub-section. (1)-
- (a) Chairpersons of the respective Municipalities;
- (b) Presidents of the respective Panchayats;
- (c) The Senior Engineer of the water authority of the related project who shall be its Secretary and Convenor; shall be its members and Chairperson or President of that Local Self Government Institution to which the related scheme is more beneficial shall be the Chairman of the committee.
- (3) The water authority shall provide the fund and services of the employees necessary for the exercise of powers and functions of the committee.
- 234C. The power of the Panchayat in the preparation and execution of schemes related to water supply and sewerage works.-(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Kerala Water Supply and Sewerage Act, 1986 (Act 14 of 1986), the respective Panchayat shall have the right and power to prepare and implement water supply or sewerage scheme within the area of a Panchayat.
- (2) When the Water supply schemes and sewerage schemes are prepared in accordance with sub-section (1) and if it is beneficial to the residents of more than one Village Panchayat area, it shall be prepared and implemented by the concerned Block Panchayat and if it is beneficial to the residents of more than one Block Panchayats such schemes shall be prepared and implemented by the District Panchayat concerned:
- Provided that the provisions of this section shall not affect the preparation and implementation of such schemes by more than one Panchayat among themselves.
- (3) The Panchayats preparing and implementing the water supply and sewerage schemes in accordance with sub-section (1) may collect water charges and sewerage service charges from the beneficiaries in the manner prescribed.]