Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0318
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 84[(2) An application for permission under sub-section (1) shall be submitted to the Village Panchayat addressed to the Secretary in such form and with such details as prescribed.
- (3) The secretary shall, as soon as may be after the receipt of the application, enquire and report to the Village Panchayat as to whether the establishment of the factory, workshop or workplace or other installation of machinery or manufacturing plant for which permission is applied for is objectionable by reason of density of population in the neighbourhood and the possibility to cause nuisance or pollution and the Village Panchayat after having considered the application and the reports of the Secretary, and of such other authorities as specified in sub-section (4) may as expeditiously as possible, at any rate within sixty days,
- (a) grant the permission either absolutely or subject to such conditions an it thinks fit to impose; or
- (b) refuse the permission for the reasons to be recorded.
- (4) Before granting or refusing permission under sub-section (3), the Village Panchayat, shall obtain and consider.
- (a) a report of the Inspector of Factories appointed under the Factories Act, 1948 (Central Act 63 of 1948) or of an officer of the Industries Department not below the rank of an Industries Extension Officer having jurisdiction over the area regarding the adequacy of ventilation, light etc. and sufficiency of the height and size of the rooms and doors and the suitability of exists to be used in case of fire in the plan of factories, workshop, workplace or premises if they came within the purview of the Factories Act, 1948 (Central Act 63 of 1948) and such other matters as may be prescribed;
- (b) a report of the District Medical Officer regarding the possibility of nuisance or pollution if the connected load of the machinery proposed to be installed exceeds 25 HP or if the nature of the machinery and installation are such that it may cause nuisance or pollution; and
- (c) a report of the Divisional Fire Officer or any other officer authorised by him regarding the adequacy of fire prevention and fire fighting measures planned if the proposed industry involves the use of high tension power or inflammable or explosive materials:
- Provided that, no report under clause (b) shall be called for in respect of any industry if the applicant produces a declaration recommended by an officer of the Industries Department authorised in this behalf or by the Kerala State Pollution Control Board to the effect that such industry would not cause pollution.
- (5) The grant of permission under this section,-
- (a) Shall be subject to the conditions to be observed in respect of the replacement of machinery the levy of fees and to such restrictions and conditions as may be prescribed;
- (b) Shall not be deemed as exempted from observing the provisions contained in section 235 (F) and 235 (H) or 235 (P) and 235 (Q)]