Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0305
305 228. ::Private cart-stands- (1) No person shall open a new private cart-stand or continue to keep open a private cart-stand unless he obtains from the Village Panchayat a licence to do so. Such licence shall be got renewed by the licensee every year.
- (2) The Village Panchayat shall, as regards private cart-stands already lawfully established, and may at its discretion, as regards new private cart-stands, grant the licence applied for, subject to the payment of the prescribed fee and to such conditions as the Village Panchayat may think fit as to supervision and inspection, sanitation and such other matters as may be prescribed, or the Village Panchayat may refuse to grant such licence for any new cart-stand.
- (3) The Village Panchayat may modify the conditions of the licence to take effect from a specified date.
- (4) The Village Panchayat may at any time suspend or cancel any licence granted under sub-section (2) for breach of the conditions thereof. blos (5) The Village Panchayat may levy on every grant or renewal of a licence under this section a fee not exceeding two hundred rupees.
- (6) The licensee of a private cart-stand may levy fees at rates not exceeding the maximum prescribed.
229. Public Saughter houses.- (1) A Village Panchayat may provide places for use as public slaughter houses and charge such rents and fees for their use not exceeding the maximum as may be prescribed: Provided that if any complaint with respect to the conduct of such slaughter houses has been received from the nearby residents, action for starting such slaughter houses shall be taken only after detailed examination of such complaint.
- (2) The Village Panchayat may farm out the collection of such rents and fees for any period not exceeding three years at a time and on such terms and conditions as it may think fit.
230. Licence for slaughter houses.- (1) The owner of any place within the Village Panchayat area which is used as a slaughter house for the slaughtering of animals or for the skinning or cutting up of any carcasses, shall in the first month of every year or in the case of a place to be newly opened one month before the opening of the same, apply to the "[Village Panchayat] for a licence.
- (2) The 78[Village Panchayat] may, by an order and subject to such restrictions and regulations as to supervision and inspection as he thinks fit, grant or refuse to grant such licence. 21
- (3) Nothing contained in this section shall apply to the slaughter of animals in any concealed place without causing hardship to the public in the Village Panchayat area on occasions of festivals, marriage ceremonies, etc.