- 4. The LSGIs should not allow the sale of meat at slaughtering point. The sale of meat should not also be exposed to public view by hanging the meat in the temporary shed/shall by the side of roads/public places.
- 5. The LSGIs should not auction the right to vendmeat in public market until public licensed slaughter house are established.
- 6. All the District Collectors, Revenue Divisional Officers and other authorities exercising the powers of Executive Magistrates under the provisions of the Cr. P. C. as also all the police officers empowered under the provisions of the Kerala Police Act, should bestow immediate attention to prevent Cruelly to animals in the matter of transit, including entry into the state of Keralathrough different checkposts. If should also be ensured that the prescriptions of the law governing prevention of Cruelty to animals are strictly enforced to secure immediate obedience of all preventive measures, legislatively prescribed, for animals, Further the source from where cattle are brought should also be ascertained in order to prevent unregulated and uncontrolled flow of animals with Contagious disease to the state and selling of meat that is unfit for human consumption in the state as the health status of the cattle being brought into the state cannot be ascertained.
- 7. The Director Animal Husbandry Department should set up a mechanism immediately to check the cattle movement through the checkposts and ensure that there is at least a random check on the health status of cattle being brought into Kerala.
- 8. These LSGIs, who have notestablished clean and hygienic slaughterhouse should take urgent steps to establish slaughterhouse within their jurisdiction. The possibilities of establishing Common slaughterhouse for neighbourhood Panchayats should also be considered. The LSGIs can seek the administrative support required for this form the Director of Panchayats and Directors of Urban Affairs and technical support from the Suchitwa Mission
- 9. The LSGIs should fix a time schedule for various stages of establishing slaughter house such as identification of land, preparation of plan & estimate; approval of projecting starting & Completion of work etc.
- 10. The LSGIs, having slaughterhouses, should ensure adequate pollution Control facilities to keep the slaughterhouse clean and hygienic
- 11. The LSGIs should take the advice of veterinary doctor in the management of the slaughterhouse.
- 12. The LSGIs should ensure that no animal with in the prohibited age asper the KPR(slaughterhouse and meat stalls) rules 1996 is let into the slaughterhouse.
- 13. The District Panchayats should ensure immediately that they take supervisory role in this regard.
- 14. The Superior police officials should also provide adequate measure of supportas may be required by the respective LSGIs to exercise their powers under the Municipality Act and Panchayath Raj Act and the rules thereunder.
- 15. The concerned Department/Officers should file report to Hon'ble High Court regarding the action taken in the matter Concerning them as directed in the judgement.
- 16. The Director of Panchayats/Director of Urban Affairs should monitor the action taken in this regard by the Panchayats/Municipalities and file report to the Government on a monthly basis
- 17. All LSGIs should process individual applications for setting up of private slaughterhouse, if any received, and take a decision asper rules with in a period of one month.
- 7. This circularis issued in compliance of High court judgments read above.
തദ്ദേശ സ്വയംഭരണ സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളിലെ ജനപ്രതിനിധികളുടെ ഔദ്യോഗിക യാത്ര സംബന്ധിച്ച സർക്കുലർ
- വിഷയം:- തദ്ദേശ സ്വയംഭരണ വകുപ്പ് - തദ്ദേശ സ്വയംഭരണ സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളിലെ ജനപ്രതിനിധികളുടെ ഔദ്യോഗിക യാത്ര - സ്പഷ്ടീകരണം സംബന്ധിച്ച്.
- സൂചന:- 1) 11/06/2008-ലെ 75640/ഇഎം2/07/തസ്വഭവ നമ്പർ സർക്കുലർ.
- 2) 27/04/2009-ലെ 59469/ഇഎം2/07/തസ്വഭവ നമ്പർ സർക്കുലർ.
സംസ്ഥാനത്തെ തദ്ദേശ സ്വയംഭരണ സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളിലെ ജനപ്രതിനിധികൾ പ്രസ്തുത സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളുടെ പ്രവർത്തനവുമായി നേരിട്ട് ബന്ധമില്ലാത്ത കാര്യങ്ങൾക്കുവേണ്ടി സംസ്ഥാനത്തിനകത്തും സംസ്ഥാനത്തിന് പുറത്തേക്കും ഔദ്യോഗിക യാത്രകൾ നടത്തുന്നതായും അതിന് അനുമതി നൽകണമെന്നാവശ്യ