730 GOVERNAMENT ORDERS
3.Commissioner for Rural Development
4.Executive Chairman & Director, Information Kerala Mission
7. Director (Technical), IKM
8. Shri, Udaya Bhanu Kandeth, Consultant, IKM
The SPAO shall be the Convener of the State Level Committee.
At each Panchayat, a Panchayat Level implementation & Monitoring Committee shall be constituted with the following members:
2.Vice President & Chairperson of the Standing Committee for Finance
3.Chairpersons of the other Standing Committees
5.Finance Officer (in District Panchayats)
7.ACCountant (in Grama Panchayats)
8.Clerks Connected with accounting in Saankhya (in Block and District Panchayats)
Training in Saankhya will be conducted by KILA, utilising the services of Information Kerala Mission for planning the Training Programme and providing Hand Books, User Manuals, Faculty and Master Trainers. The expenditure necessary for the training shall be incurred by KILA, utilizing the funds available.
The roles of the different officials in the implementation of Saankhya in the three tier Panchayats will be as follows: XXX
PRESCRIBNG THE ACCOUNTING POLICES AND CODIFICATIONSTRUCTURE FOR THE ACCOUNTING FOR THE PANCHAYATS - ORDERS ISSUED
(Local Self Government (AA) Department, G.O.(M.S) No. 152/2011/LSGD, Tvpm, Dt. 26-07-2011.)
Abstract:- Local Self Government Department - Prescribing the Accounting Policies and Codification Structure for the accounting for the Panchayats-Orders issued.
Read:- 1. GO (Rt) No. 1694/2009/LSGD dated 09-07-2009.
2. G.O.(M.S) No. 308/2010/LSGD dated 23-12-2010.
3. Notification issued in SRO No. 266/2011 under GO(Ms) No. 83/11/LSGD dated 28-03-2011.
As per the Government Order read as 1st paper above, Government issued orders constituting a Guidance Team and a Writing Team for drafting the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Accounts) Rules and the Kerala Panchayat Raj Accounts Manual, based on the accrual based double entry accounting system. The draft Rules and draft manual were received by Government. Government instructed the Information Kerala Mission to develop the necessary software application, based on the draft Rules and Manual, for the implementation of accrual based double entry accounting system in the three tier Panchayats.
2. Government issued orders as per the Government Order read as 2nd paper above that the accrual based double entry accounting system would be introduced in the three tier Panchayat in the State with effect from 1-4-2011. The Information Kerala Mission developed Saankhya KPRAR Software Application, based on the draft Rules and Manual. As per the Government Order read as 2nd paper above, the use Saankhya, Double Entry Accounting Application, was made mandatory in the three tier Panchayats with effect from 1st April 2011. Governmentissued the Kerala Panchayat Raj (ACCounts) Rules, 2011, vide the notification read as 3rd paper above. The Draft Accounts Manual is under scrutiny of Government. The Kerala Panchayat Raj Accounts Manual, Containing detailed provisions on accounting will be issued soon, on Completion of scrutiny.