- 1 THE KERALA REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS AND DEATHS RULES, 1999
THE KERALA REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS AND DEATHS RULES, 1999
S.R.O. No.150/2000.- In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 30 of the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 (Central Act 18 of 1969) and in supersession of the Kerala Registration of Births and Deaths Rules, 1970, the Government of Kerala with the approval of the Central Government, hereby make the following rules, namely:-
1.Short title and commencement.
(1) These rules may be called the Kerala Registration of Births and Deaths Rules, 1999.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st day of January, 2000.
- In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) "Act" means the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969;
(b) "Form" means a Form appended to these rules; and
(c) "Section" means a Section of the Act.
3. Period of gestation
The period of gestation for the purposes of Clause (g) of subsection () of Section 2 shall be twenty-eight weeks.
4. Submission of report under Section 4(4)
The report under sub-section (4) of Section 4 shall be prepared in the prescribed format appended to these Rules and shall be submitted along with the statistical report referred to in sub-section (2) of Section 19, to the State Government by the Chief Registrar for every year by the 31st July of the year following the year to which the report relates.
5. Form, etc. for giving information of births and deaths.-
(1) The information required to be given to the Registrar under Section 8 or Section 9, as the case may be, shall be in Form Nos. 1, 2 and 3 for the Registration of a birth, death and still birth respectively (hereinafter to be collectively called the reporting forms). Information if given orally, shall be entered by the Registrar in the appropriate reporting forms and the signature/thumb impression of the informant obtained.
(2) The part of the reporting forms containing legal information shall be called the "Legal Part' and the part containing statistical information shall be called the 'Statistical Part'.
(3) The information referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be given within twenty-one days from the date of birth, death and still birth.
6. Birth or death in a vehicle.
- (1) In respect of a birth or death in a moving vehicle, the person in charge of the vehicle shall give or cause to be given the information under sub-section (1) of Section 8 at the first place of halt.
Explanation:- For the purpose of this rule the term "vehicle" means conveyance of any kind used on land, air or water and includes an aircraft, a boat, a ship, a railway Carriage, a motorcar, a motor cycle, a cart, a tonga and a rickshaw.