Provided that the Licensing Authority in consultation with the Health Officer, may-
(i) permit the use of extractors or other artificial means of ventilation to provide for a sufficient supply of fresh air in the building in lieu of all or any of the windows required under Clause (d); or
(ii) require such extractors or other artificial means of ventilation to be provided in addition to the windows required under the said clause.
4. Obligation of the licensee to keep all means of ventilation in good order.- Every person who may have obtained a licence under the Act for the use of any permanent building for public resort or entertainment shall cause all windows and other means of ventilation in the building to be maintained in good order and efficient action during the period for which such building is used for public resort or entertainment and for at least two hours before and for half an hour after such USe.
5. Licensing authority's power to relax conditions.- The Licensing Authority may relax the conditions in Rules 3 and 4 on the recommendation of the Health Officer.
6. Obligation of the licensee to provide lighting arrangements.- The licensee shall, except when such building is used in daytime and no artificial lighting is required, provide suitable lighting therein and in the open Space attached thereto.
7. Licensees' obligation to keep the flooring in good order.- The licensee shall cause the flooring of every part of such building to be paved or otherwise made impervious and damp-free and shall keep such flooring at all times in good order and repair and shall disinfect the building and premises at such times and in such manner as may be prescribed.
8. Licensee not to permit any sand etc. to be spread on any part of the floor to which public are admitted.- The licensee shall not permit any sand, earth or other dusty material to be spread on any part of the floor of the building to which the public are admitted.
9. Material used as covering for the floor to be cleaned.- The licensee shall cause the carpets, matting or any other material used as covering for the floor to be cleaned and dusted before the commencement of every entertainment.
10. Open spaces in the licensed premises to be paved or gravelled.- The licensee shall cause all open Spaces in the licensed premises to be paved or gravelled to the satisfaction of the licensing authority. ܼ
11. Limit on the accommodation of persons.- (i) The licensee shall not permit a greater number of persons to be accommodated in a building than that arrived at by calculating at the rate of 20 persons per 10 sq. metres of floor area in respect of such portions as are provided with chairs having backs and arms and at the rate of 25 persons per 10 sq. metres of floor area in respect of other portions after excluding the area of the entrances, the passages and gangways, the stage, the stair-cases and all places to which the public are not admitted.
(ii) The licensee shall cause aboard to be hung in a prominent place in the licensed premises showing the maximum number of persons who can be accommodated in the building under this rule.
12. Provision of separate accommodation for women.- The licensee shall provide reasonably sufficient separate accommodation for women.
13. Walls of the building to be hot-lime washed or painted.- The licensee shall cause the walls of the building to be hot-lime washed at least once in every six months or to be painted annually if not otherwise prescribed.
14. Cleaning of licensed premises.- The licensee shall cause the premises to be thoroughly cleaned and all refuse matter to be removed at least once in every 24 hours, or more often if so prescribed.
15. Provision of drainage and sanitary conveniences.- The licensee shall provide suitable means of drainage to the building and also sanitary conveniences of such description and