*THE KERALA CATTLE TRESPASS RULES, 1962
S.R.O. No. 297/62.- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 32 of the Kerala Cattle Trespass Act, 1961 (Act of 1961), the Government of Kerala hereby make the
=== RULES ===
1. Short title and commencement- (1) These Rules may be called the Kerala Cattle Trespass Rules, 1962.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from 1-11-1962.
2. Definition.- In these rules unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context-
(a) "Act" means the Kerala Cattle Trespass Act, 1961 (Act 26 of 1961).
(b) “Executive Authority" means in the case of a Municipality or Corporation, the Commissioner, in the case of a Township, the Executive Officer of the Township, and in the case of a Panchayat, the Executive Authority as defined in the Kerala Panchayats Act, 1960 (Act 32 of 1960).
(c) "Local area" means the area within the jurisdiction of a local authority.
3. (a) A local authority may resolve to establish sufficient number of pounds within its area and recommend to the Director, convenient places where pounds can be established for the purposes of the Act within its local area.
(b) The Director may in establishing pounds and determining the area by which each pound is to be used under Section 3 of the Act within a local area give preference to places recommended for the purpose by a local authority.
4. A pound shall have a minimum ground space of 2 cents and shall be fenced properly so as to avoid escape of the cattle impounded.
5. (a) There shall be a roofed shed inside the pound to accommodate at least ten numbers of different types of cattle at a time.
(b) The floor of the shed shall be so constructed as to drain away all kinds of liquid matter that fall on it.
(c) The pound-keeper shall keep the floor of the shed always clean.
6. The cattle shall be tied in the shed in such manner as to avoid tussle among themselves.
7. The pound-keeper shall be on duty at the pound between the hours fixed by the Local Authority concerned.
8. (a) The Working hours of the pound shall be notified in the Notice Board in front of the pound.
(b) Cattle shall be impounded or discharged from the pound during the Working hours.
9. The pound-keeper shall maintain a register of cattle impounded in Form No. 1 appended to these rules.
10. The pound-keeper shall also maintain a cash book showing the daily money transactions in Form No. II appended to these rules.
11. The pound-keeper shall give a true copy of the entry made in respect of every animal in