10. Cattle damaging public roads, canals and embankments.- Persons in charge of public roads, pleasure grounds, plantations wherein common grazing grounds are available, canals, drainage Works, tanks, embankments, and the like and officers of Police, officers employed by local authorities within their respective jurisdictions (xxx) may seize, or cause to be seized, any cattle doing damage to such roads, grounds, plantations, canals, drainage works, tanks, embankments and the like or the sides or slopes of such roads, canals, drainage Works, tanks or embankments or found straying thereon, and shall send them or cause them to be sent within twenty-four hours, to the nearest pound.
11. Fines for cattle impounded.- (1) For every head of cattle impounded as aforesaid the pound-keeper shall levy a fine in accordance with the scale for the time being prescribed by the local authority in this behalf by notification in the Gazette. Different scales may be prescribed for different local areas or for different localities within the local area and for different kinds of cattle).
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), when it appears to the local authority that in any local area cattle are habitually allowed to trespass on land and damage crops or other produce thereon, he may, by notification in the Gazette, direct that for every head of cattle of any kind specified therein which may be seized within such local area and impounded as aforesaid, such amount of fine as may be specified by him in the said notification, not exceeding double the fine prescribed under sub-section (1), shall be levied.
(3) All fines levied 12 under this section, or Section 11A shall be credited to the fund of the local authority 18xxx).
(4) A list of the fines and of the rates of charge for feeding and Watering cattle shall be exhibited in a conspicuous place on, or near to every pound.
[11A. Special Provisions for cattle straying in aerodromes.- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) of Section 11 when it appears to the local authority) that in any aerodrome cattle are habitually allowed to trespass and cause nuisance in such aerodrome he may, by notification in the Gazette, direct that for every head of cattle of any kind specified therein which may be seized within such aerodrome and impounded as aforesaid, such amount of fine as may be specified by 'it) in the said notification, not exceeding four times the fine prescribed under sub-section (1) of Section 11, shall be levied.
Explanation:- For the purposes of this section, "aerodrome" shall have the same meaning assigned to it under the Aircraft Act, 1934 (Central Act 22 of 1934)).
Delivery or Sale of Cattle
12. Procedure when owner claims the cattle and pays fines and charges.- (a) If the owner of the impounded cattle or his agent appears and claims the cattle, the pound-keeper shall deliver them to him on payment of the fines and charges incurred in respect of such cattle.
(b) The owner or his agent, on taking back the cattle shall sign a receipt for them in the register kept by the pound-keeper.
13. Procedure if cattle be not claimed within a week.- (1) If the cattle be not claimed
within seven days from the date of their being impounded, the pound-keeper shall report the fact to the local authority concerned 'XXX).