may, either of his or its own motion or otherwise, call for the records of any case in which an order has been passed in appeal under sub-section (7) and pass such order thereon as he or it thinks fit:
Provided that no order shall be passed under this sub-section without giving the party who may be affected thereby an opportunity of being heard.
6. Licensing authority to permit construction and reconstruction of buildings, installation of machinery, etc., for cinematograph exhibitions.- (1) Any person who intends -
(a) to use any place for the exhibition of cinematograph films; or
(b) to use any site for constructing a building thereon for the exhibition of cinematograph films; or
(c) to construct any building for such exhibition; or
(d) to instal any machinery in any place where cinematograph exhibitions are proposed to be given shall make an application in Writing to the licensing authority for permission therefor, together with such particulars as may be prescribed and any provision contained in the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994) and the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 (20 of 1994) or in the rules made under any of them in so far as it relates to any of the matters specified above, shall not apply to any application made under this section.
(2) The licensing authority shall thereupon, after consulting such authority or officer as may be prescribed grant or refuse permission and the provisions of sections 5,10 and 11 relating to licences shall, So far as may be, apply to permission under this section: Provided that the previous concurrence of the local authority shall not be necessary for renewal of a permission under sub-section (1).
7. Power of Government to issue directions.- The Government may, from time to time, issue directions to any licensee or to licensees generally, requiring the licensee or licensees to exhibit such film or class of films having a scientific or educative value, such films dealing with news and Current events, such documentary films, indigenous films or such other films having special value to the public, as may have been approved by the Government in that behalf from time to time; and where any such directions have been issued, those directions shall be deemed to be additional Conditions and restrictions subject to which the licence has been granted:
Provided that no direction issued under this section shall require the licensee to exhibit any such films exceeding two thousand feet at, or for more than one-fifth of the entire time taken for, any one show.
8. Power of licensing authority to issue directions.- The licensing authority may, from time to time, issue directions to any licensee or to licensees generally, requiring the licensee or licensees to exhibit in each show such slides of public interest as may be supplied by that authority:
Provided that no direction issued under this section shall require the licensee to exhibit more than three such slides at, or for more than four minutes in any one show.
8A. Power to enter place of cinematograph exhibition to inspect licence or to prevent exhibition without licence or in violation of the provisions.-
(1) The licensing authority or any person authorised by him in writing in this behalf may enter at any reasonable time any place used for cinematograph exhibition and inspect the licence, if any, issued under this
(2) If the licensing authority or the person so authorised is satisfied that -
(a) there is no such licence; or