3. The establishment assigned for temporary duty in a local area under Rule 1 shall work under the supervision and disciplinary control of the Health Officer for that area.
4. The travelling allowances and the transit pay of a member of the Public Health establishment of a local area assigned for temporary duty in another local area both in respect of the journey therefrom after the temporary duty to the former local area shall be borne by the local authority of the latter local area.
RULES FOR VACCINATION IN RURAL AREAS UNDER SECTION 81
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 81 of the Madras Public Health Act, 1939 (Madras Act III of 1939), the Government of Kerala hereby make the following rules relating to the vaccination in rural areas transferred from the Madras State, the same having been previously published as required by Section 130 of the said Act. Rules for Vaccination in Rural Areas under Section 81 of the Madras Public Health Act, 1939 (Act III of 1939).
1. (1) These rules may be called Vaccination in Rural areas transferred from the former Madras State to the Kerala State.
(2) These rules shall apply to the rural areas which were transferred from the former Madras State to the Kerala State and shall come into force from 30-3-1964.
2. Definitions.- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires,
(i) "Child" means a boy or a girl who has not attained the age of 18 years.
(ii) "Executive authority" means the Executive authority of the Panchayat as defined in Kerala Panchayats Act, 1960.
(iii) "Guardian" means any person to whom the care, nature or custody of any child falls by law or by natural right or recognised usage, or who has accepted or assumed the Care, nature or custody of any child or to whom the care, nature or custody of any child has been entrusted by any lawful authority.
(iv) "Health Officer" means the Health Officer if any employed by the local authority - or in any other case the officer exercising the powers of the Health Officer in the District.
(v) "Inspecting Officer" means the Health Inspector appointed by Government or the Health or Sanitary Inspector appointed by the Panchayat, and having jurisdiction over the local area or the Assistant District Medical Officer of Health or Health Officer or any person authorised in this behalf by the State Government to inspect vaccinations performed by a vaccinator;
(vi) "Local area" means a Panchayat area.
(vii)"Parent" means the father or mother of a legitimate child and the mother of an illegitimate child;
(viii) "Person" means a male or female who has attained the age of eighteen years.
(ix) "Primary vaccination" means the vaccination performed for the first time on any individual and all subsequent operations are termed "re vaccination" provided the primary vaccination proved successful.
(x) "Rural area" means any area not coming within the limits of a Municipality ΟR Corporation.
(xi) "Unprotected child" means a child who has not been protected from small pox by having had the disease either naturally or by having been successfully vaccinated or re vaccinated within a period of seven years immediately preceding.