disease preventing it from spreading, or for investigating the cause of, and preventing, such mortality, as the case may be.
(2) For the purpose of sub-section (1), the Government may appoint any medical practitioner registered under the Madras Medical Registration Act, 1914, either on an honorary basis or on such salary or allowances or both as the Government may fix. The salary and allowances shall be payable from the funds of the local authority.
- 1 11. Delegation of powers of Health Officer.-
- 2 12. Appointment of persons to carry out the provisions of this Act.
- 3 13. Powers of 18[Director of Health Services] over public health staff of local authorities.
- 4 14. Health Officers control over public health staff.
- 5 15. Local authority to provide adequate facilities to the Health Officer
11. Delegation of powers of Health Officer.-
The Government may, by general or special order, authorise any officer of the Government or of a local authority to exercise such of the powers of a Health Officer under this Act, in such area, and subject to such restrictions, limitations and conditions and to such control and revision, as may be specified in such order.
12. Appointment of persons to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act or in any other Act or Acts governing the local authority or authorities concerned, the Government may, by general or special order, appoint any person or persons to carry out such provisions of this Act, and in such areas, as may be specified in the order.
(2) The expenses incurred by such person or persons in doing so shall be met from the funds of the local authority or authorities concerned, either wholly or in part, and where more than one local authority is concerned, in such proportions, as may be determined by the Government.
(1) Subiect to such rules as may be prescribed including rules for consultation with the executive authorities concerned, the 18[Director of Health Services] shall have power.
(a) to transfer any member of the public health establishment of a local authority to the public health establishment of another local authority; and
(b) in times of emergency, to assign one or more members of the public health establishment of one local authority for temporary duty in the area of another local authority.
(2) Nothing contained in clause (a) of sub-section (1) shall apply to the Corporation of Madras.
(3) In the case referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (1), the local authority within whose jurisdiction the member or members of the public health establishment of another local authority are working, shall pay for the period of such temporary duty, the salary and allowances of such member or members and such contribution towards their leave allowances, pension and provident fund as the Government may, by general or special order, determine.
14. Health Officers control over public health staff.
(1) The Health Officer in charge of any local area shall exercise supervision and control over all other members of the public health establishment in such area.
(2)(a) Save as otherwise provided in this Chapter or in any rules or regulations made under it, all appointments, transfers and punishments of the members of the public health establishment under the supervision and control of the Health Officer shall be made by the Health Officer, subject to the approval of the executive authority.
Every local authority shall provide its Health Officer with such clerical assistance, office accommodation, furniture, equipment, stationery, and forms as may in the opinion of the Director of Health Services be necessary for the proper conduct of the business of such Health Officer.