-means the State Government as defined in clause (60) of Section 3 of the General Clauses Act, 1897.
(14) “Health Officer"
-means the Health Officer employed by the local authority concerned and if there is no such officer, the Health Officer of the district.
(15) “House drain"
- means any drain actually used, or intended to be used, for the drainage of one or more premises.
- means any building which is constructed principally of wood, mud, leaves, grass, thatch, or metallic sheets and includes any temporary structure of whatever size or any small building of whatever material made which the local authority may declare to be a hut for the purposes of this Act.
(17) “Infectious disease"
- means an infectious disease as defined in Section 52 and includes notified disease as defined in Section 62.
- includes privy, water-closet and urinal, whether public or private, or whether open or flush out.
(19) “Local area"
- means the area within the jurisdiction of a local authority;
- means a panchayat at any level constituted under Section 4 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994, (13 of 1994) or a municipality constituted under Section 4 of the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 (20 of 1994);
(21) “Lodging house"
- means a hotel, a boarding house, a choultry, dharmasala or resthouse not maintained by the Government or a local authority, an unlicensed emigration depot, or any place where causal visitors are received and provided with sleeping accommodation, with or without food, on payment, but does not include
(a) a students' hostel under public or recognized control, or
(b) a house licenced under Section 125 for accommodating visitors to a fair or festival, or
(c) retiring rooms and rest-houses provided by a railway administration and normally used by passengers or railway servants or both.
-does not include an honorary or a village magistrate;
-means the milk of a cow, buffalo, goat, ass or other animal and includes cream, skimmed milk, separated milk, and condensed, sterilized or dessicated milk, or any other product of milk
- means a notification in the Official Gazette;
- includes any act, omission, place or thing which causes or is likely to cause injury, danger, annoyance or offence to the sense of sight, smell or hearing or disturbance to rest or sleep or which is or may be dangerous to life or injurious to the health or property of the public or the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or persons who may have occasion to use any public right;
(a) any person for the time being paying or liable to pay to the owner the rent or any