- (i) if having been elected under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 155, he ceases to be a member of the Legislative Assembly;
- (ii) if having been elected under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 155, he ceases to be a member of the Council of the Corporation of Trivandrum;
- (iii) if having been elected under clause (d) of sub-section (2) of Section 155, he ceases to be a member of the Municipal Council; and
- (iv) if having been elected under clause (e) of sub-section (2) of section 155, he ceases to be President of the Panchayat.
158. Casual vacancies.
If a vacancy OCCurs in the office of a member of the Board other than an ex-officio member through death, resignation or otherwise previous to the expiry of the term of his office, the vacancy shall be filled by election. Any person elected to fill the vacancy shall, notwithstanding anything contained in section 156, hold office only So long as the member in whose vacancy he is elected would have held office if the vacancy had not OCCurred.
159. Function of the Public Health Board.
(1) The Public Health Board shall advice the Government on such matters relating to the public health administration of the State or any local area therein as the Government may, Suo motu or on reference made to them by the 3Director of Health Services or any local authority, from time to time, refer to it.
(2) The meetings of the Board and the mode of transaction of business at such meetings shall be governed by such regulations as may be framed by it.
(3) The proceedings of the Board shall not be invalidated by reason of any vacancy in the office of the president, or a member.
160. Act to over-ride other enactments.
If any provision relating to public health Contained in any other enactment in force in the State is repugnant to any provision Contained in this Act, the latter provision shall prevailand the former provision shall, to the extent of the repugnancy, be Void.
161. Power to remove difficulties.
If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Government, as occasion may require, may, by order, do anything which appears to them to be necessary for the purpose of removing the difficulty.
The Travancore Public Health Act, 1121 (Act III of 1121) and the Cochin Public Health Act, XIX of 1124 are hereby repealed.