(2) For the purpose of Sub-section (1), the Government may appoint any qualified medical practitioner either on an honorary basis or on such salary or allowances or both as the Government may fix.
- 1 9. Delegation of powers of Health Officer.-
- 2 10. Appointment of persons to carry out the provisions of this Act.-
- 3 11. Powers of the Director of Health Services over public health staff of urban local authorities.-
- 4 12. Health Officer's control over public health staff.-
- 5 13. Local authority to provide adequate facilities to the Health Officer-
- 6 14. Authorisation of Health Officer to perform the functions of executive authority in public health matters.-
9. Delegation of powers of Health Officer.-
The Government may, by general or special order, authorise any officer of the Government or of a local authority to exercise such of the powers of a Health Officer under this Act in such area and subject to such restrictions, limitations and conditions and to Such Control and revision as may be specified in such order.
10. Appointment of persons to carry out the provisions of this Act.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything Contained in this Act or in any other Act or Acts governing the local authority or authorities Concerned, the Government may, by general or special order, appoint any person or persons to Carry Out Such provisions of this Act, in such local areas, as may be specified in the order.
(2) The expenses incurred by such person or persons in doing so shall be met from the funds of the local authority or authorities concerned, if any, either wholly or in part, and, where more than one local authority is concerned, in such proportions as may be determined by the Government.
(1) Subject to such rules as may be prescribed including rules for consultation with the urban local authorities concerned, the Director of Health Services) shall have power in times of emergency, to assign one or more members of the public health establishment of one urban local authority for temporary duty in the area of another urban local authority.
(2) In the case referred to in sub-section (1), the local authority within whose jurisdiction the member or members of the public health establishment of another local authority are working shall pay for the period of such temporary duty, the salary and allowances of such member or members and Such Contribution towards the leave allowances, pension and provident fund as the Government may, by general or special order, determine.
12. Health Officer's control over public health staff.-
(1) The Health Officer in charge of any local area shall exercise Supervision and control over all the members of the public health establishment in such area.
(2)(a) Save as otherwise provided in this Chapter or in any rules or regulations made under it, all transfers and punishments of the members of the public health establishment under the supervision and control of the Health Officer shall be made by the Health Officer, subject to the approval of the executive authority.
(b) If for any reason the executive authority disagrees with the orders of the Health Officer under clause (a), the executive authority shall refer the matter to the Government whose decision shall be final.
Every local authority shall provide its Health Officer with such clerical assistance, office accommodation, furniture, equipment, stationery and forms as may be necessary for the proper conduct of the business of such Health Officer.
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Trivandrum City Municipal Act, or the Travancore District Municipalities Act, 1116 or the Travancore-Cochin Panchayats Act, 1950, or the Cochin Municipal Act, XVIII of 1113, the Health Officer of a local authority shall perform Such of the functions and discharge such of the duties of its executive authority in regard to public health matters undor any of the provisions applicable to such local authority contained in the Acts aforesaid, subject to such appeal and Control as the Government may, by general or special order determine.