issued under Sub-section (1), shall be punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.
23. Power to apply provisions of the Act to shells of fish.-
The Government may, by notification in the Gazette, apply the provisions of this Act to shells of fish, if, in their opinion, it is desirable to prohibit or regulate the collection of the same from any water.
Explanation:- For purposes of this section, the word 'water includes the sea within a distance of one marine league of the sea coast.
23A. Recovery of rents, fees etc. on account of fishing leases and licenses.-
All rents, fees and other moneys payable to local authority on account of fishing leases and licenses granted by it shall be recovered in like manner as if they were arrears of land revenue.
The Travancore Fisheries Act, XI of 1097 and the Cochin Fisheries Act, III of 1092 are hereby repealed:
Provided that all licenses granted under the said Acts shall continue in force for the periods for which the same have been granted subject to the provisions of the said Acts.
THE TRAVANCORE-COCHIN FISHERIES RULES, 1952
Rules regulating fishing in the Kundale lake in Sethuparvathipuram reservoir.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 4(1) and Section 18 of the Travancore-Cochin Fisheries Act, 1950 (XXIV of 1950) Government are pleased to make the following rules regulating the fishing in the Kundale lake in Sethuparvathipuram Reservoirs.
1. The Executive Engineer, Generation Division, Chitirapuram, under whose control the Kundale Dam works are placed, may grant permission to applicants for fishing in the Kundale lake or may cancel the permission given to anybody for fishing in the said lake.
2. Any visitor, bonafied tourist and staff members of any company operating in the Devicolam taluk may apply for permission to fish in the taluk. No person without permission shall fish in the lake.
3. Fishing shall be with rod and line only. Normally this should be with the artificial fly on a single hook but trolling and spinning the artificial minnow may be permitted. No netting or any other form of fishing shall be allowed.
4. Six rods will be allowed for fishing at any one time.
5. All fish retained must be killed at the waterside.
6. Boats required for the purpose will ordinarily have to be provided at fisher's own cost. The Electricity Department's boats, if any available, will be give on hire at the rates fixed from time to time.
7. Fishing boats shall not be permitted to go within 100 ft. distance of the Dam itself.
8. Three water wardens will be appointed to ensure that the rules are strictly adhered to. For the present, they shall be (1) the Executive Engineer, Generation Division, Chitirapuram, (2) the Chairman of the High Range Angling Association, and (3) the Manager of the Yellappatty or Chittavurrai Estate as nominated by the General Manager of the K.D.H.P.Co., Ltd.
9. A fishing permit will be given to every person who has been permitted to fish in the locality by the Executive Engineer. Generation Division, on application, or by the General Manager of the K.D.H.P.Co., Ltd. or by the Chairman of the High Range Angling Association. A statement of the