THE MADRAS CANALS AND PUBLIC FERRIES ACT, 1890
1 Short title and local extent.
4. Power to apply Act to any line of navigation
5 Vessels to be registered or licensed as directed by Government
6 Power of a Municipality or a Panchayat to fix fees and rates of toll and to establish toll stations
6 A. Transfer of existing ferries to Municipalities and Panchayats
7. Power of Persons duly authorised to impose punishment for breach of condition of license and to deal with any obstructions or with navigation in contravention of Act.
7A. Power to declare that ferries not being public ferries shall be subject to rules for Securing the Safety of passengers.
8. Power to apply Act to any ferry and define limits of ferry
9. Upon Such application existing rights of ferry to cease
10. Power of Municipality or Panchayat to provide for management of ferries.
10A. Power to take action for default by a Panchayat or a Municipality
11. Power to assign management of canal to district Board or Municipal Council.
12. Power to appoint persons to collect tools or fees and to lease out Collection thereof
13. Procedure in case of non-payment of toll, etc., on demand
14. What payments may be recovered as arrears of revenue
15. Form, etc. of licenses and registrations.
16. Power to make rules
17. Penalty for breach of rule
18. Penalty for navigating a canal or establishing or working a ferry in Contravention of Sections 5, 7A or 9
19. Penalty for evasion of toll or fee and for unauthorized levy of toll etc
20. Power of Court to order Confiscation
THE MADRAS CANALS & PUBLIC FERRIES RULES, 1917
MADRAS) NAVIGATION RULES -
1. Purpose of these rules
2.Vessels to be licensed