Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page1172
(5) No producer shall on and after the expiry of a period of Six Months from the date of final publication of these rules in the Official Gazette manufacture or use any plastic or multilayered packaging for packaging of commodities without registration from the concerned State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committees.
(6) Every producer shall maintain a record of details of the person engaged in supply of plastic used as raw material to manufacture carry bags or plastic sheet or like or cover made of plastic sheet or multilayered packaging.
10. Protocols for compostable plastic materials.- Determination of the degree of degradability and degree of disintegration of plastic material shall be as per the protocols of the Indian Standards listed in Schedule-I to these rules.
11. Marking or labelling.— (1) Each plastic carry bag and multilayered packaging shall have the following information printed in English namely,
(a) name, registration number of the manufacturer and thickness in case of carry bag;
(b) name and registration number of the manufacturer in case of multilayered packaging; and
(c) name and certificate number [Rule 4(h)] in case of carry bags made from compostable plastic
(2) Each recycled carry bag shall bear a label or a mark “recycled" as shown below and shall conform to the Indian Standard: IS 14534: 1998 titled as "Guidelines for Recycling of Plastics", as amended from time to time;
NOTE:- PET-Polyethylene terephthalate, HDPE-High density polyethylene, V-Vinyl (PVC), LDPE-Low density polyethylene, PP-Polypropylene, PS-Polystyrene and Other means all other resins and multi-materials like ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), PPO (Polyphenylene oxide), PC (Polycarbonate), PBT (Polybutylene terephalate) etc. Each carry bag made from compostable plastics shall bear a label "compostable" and shall conform to the Indian Standard: IS or ISO 17088:2008 titled as Specifications for “Compostable Plastics".
12. Prescribed authority.- (1) The State Pollution Control Board and Pollution Control Committee in respect of a Union territory shall be the authority for enforcement of the provisions of these rules relating to registration, manufacture of plastic products and multilayered packaging, processing and disposal of plastic wastes.
(2) The concerned Secretary-in-charge of Urban Development of the State or a Union Territory shall be the authority for enforcement of the provisions of these rules relating to waste management by waste generator, use of plastic carry bags, plastic sheets or like, covers made of plastic sheets and multilayered packaging. go
(3) The concerned Gram Panchayat shall be the authority for enforcement of the provisions of these rules relating to waste management by the waste generator, use of plastic carry bags, plastic sheets or like, covers made of plastic sheets and multilayered packaging in the rural area of the State or a Union Territory.