Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0919
Form TR 7-A in which he shall record all receipts and payments relating to all sources. In addition, ! he shall maintain a Subsidiary Register to record transactions relating to each Panchayat.
(2) Each Ex Officio Secretary/Implementing Officer shall remit to the Panchayats on the subsequent working day all moneys collected by him on behalf of the Panchayat.
(3) Each Ex Officio Secretary/Implementing Officer shall furnish to the Secretary on or before the 5th of the subsequent month, a Statement of Expenditure incurred by him out of the allotments received by him.
17. Accounting of Income. (1) All items of revenue shall be accounted according to the accounting policies prescribed in the Accounts Manual
(2) In respect of revenues to be accounted on accrual basis, the Secretary shall cause to prepare on monthly basis, Summary Statements of Demand Raised, Change in Demand/ Adjustments, Refunds/Remission, Write-offs and Break-up of the Collections made which shall be accounted in the books of accounts. In case no information is to be recorded relating to the Demand Register, Change in Demand or Adjustments, Refund/Remission, Write-off or Collection in any month, a 'Nil' statement shall be prepared.
18. Mode of receipt of money. (1) The Panchayat shall accept moneys through various options such as Collection Staff, citizen facilitation centres, direct credit through Bank, collection by Bank branches, Money Orders, collection through internet, collection through credit/debit cards, Letter of Authority, Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) etc.
(2) All receipts of money on behalf of the Panchayat shall be entered in the Cash Book/ Bank Book on the same day
19. All moneys to be brought to account. (1) All money transactions for which any officer of a Panchayat in his official capacity is responsible shall without any reservation, be brought to account.
(2) All moneys received shall be remitted in Treasury Accounts or Nationalised Bank Accounts or Co-operative Bank Accounts or other Bank Accounts specified by Government to the credit of the Panchayat or to Government Account in the Treasury, as per the rules and orders inforce.
(3) Secretary shall draw any money required for disbursement from the Treasury or Bank by cheques/bills. No moneys received on behalf of the Panchayat shall be utilised for its expenditure without first being taken into account and paid or remitted in to the Treasury Account or Bank Account.
20. Issue of Receipts for moneys received. (1) In the case of moneys received in the Panchayat the following procedure shall be observed. :
(a) All moneys received in the Panchayat or by the collection staff authorised in this behalf in cash or in the form of Cheques, Demand Drafts, Indian Postal Orders, collection through internet, collection through credit/debit cards, Letter of Authority, Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), collection through bank branches, direct credit in bank etc., shall without exception be acknowledged by a Receipt denoting the nature of the instrument.
(b) All moneys received in the Panchayat from the Ex officio Secretaries/Implementing Officers shall also be acknowledged by a Receipt.