Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0811
Provided that no building under Group G1- Low and Medium hazard Industrial, Group G2High hazard Industrial and Group 1 - Hazardous occupancies shall be permitted under this rule.
(7) The maximum coverage permissible shall, if the proposed is for first and second floors, be that of the ground floor over which such floors are proposed and if the proposal is for second floor, be that of the first floor over which such floor is proposed:
Provided that the proposed floor(s) shall not extend beyond the limits of the existing building.
(8) The maximum floor area ratio permissible under this rule shall be as in Table 2 under rule 35 and for calculating the 'maximum floor area ratio permissible, the floor area of the proposed floor(s) and floor area of the existing building shall be taken into account.
(9) Off street parking shall be provided as in Table 4A and 4B under Rule 38 for the proposed floor(s) irrespective of whether off street parking is available for the existing building or not:
Provided that where the carpet area of the building including the proposed floor(s) does not exceed 300 sq.metres, provisions regarding car parking shall not be insisted for permitting alteration or addition (extension) of floor(s).
(10) In the proposed alteration or addition (extension) of first and second floor(s), door shall be permitted only on the side or portion having 1.00 metre open space, window shall be permitted only on the side or portion having 60 centimetres open space and no opening shall be permitted on the side or portion having less than 60 centimetres open space.
97B. Special provision for addition, alteration etc. over buildings permitted under Kerala Building Rules, 1984.-1) Without prejudice to the provisions in the Act, alteration or addition/ extension of first floor or second floor or both and or conversion or erection of roof, shutter or door shall be allowed to buildings permitted under orders of competent authority granting exemption from provisions of Kerala Building Rules, 1984, issued by Government subject to subrules (2) and (3) of this rule, whether the work has commenced or not or whether being carried on or completed: Provided that the permitted building and the proposed alteration or addition/extension or other work mentioned in this rule shall have minimum 3 metres distance from the boundary abutting any National Highway, State Highway, District road or other road notified by the Grama Panchayat, and minimum 1.5 metres from the boundary of other road.
(2) The provisions under Rules 27, 28, 36, 37 and the rules under Chapter Vland VII shall not apply to the proposed floor(s) or work whether the permitted building satisfies the said provisions or not.
(3) The provisions under sub-rules (2) to (10) of Rule 97A shall mutatis mutandis apply to both the permitted building and the proposed building.
97C. Special provisions/or extension in the ground floor, etc.— (1) Without prejudice to the provisions in the Act, extension in the ground floor with or without floors above it shall be permitted to any building, if the proposed extension satisfies the provisions in this rule, irrespective of whether the building proposed to be extended conforms to the provisions in these rules or not: Provided that for the purpose of calculating maximum coverage and floor area ratio permissible and for calculating the total off street parking requirements and width of access to the building as well as the width of street giving access to the plot from the main street, both the proposed extensions and the building proposed to be extended shall be taken into account.
(2) Addition/extension of upper floors to any building shall be permitted if the proposed addition/extension satisfies the provisions in this rule, irrespective of whether the building proposed to be extended conforms to the provisions in these rules or not: Provided that in the case of existing ground floor on the side of cul-de-sac not exceeding 250 metres, length or pedestrian lanes or streets up to 3 metres width, first floor shall be permitted