Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0759
further information required under these rules or bye laws under the Act, by written order either approve or refuse to approve the site plan on any of the grounds mentioned under Rule 13 and intimate the same to the applicant.
15. Period within which the Secretary is to grant or refuse permission to execute work.—The Secretary shall within thirty days from the date of receipt of an application for permission to execute any work or any information or document or further information or further document required under these rules or bye laws made under the Act, by written order either grant or refuse to grant such permission on any of the grounds mentioned under Rule 13 and intimate the same to the applicant:
Provided that the said thirty days shall not begin to run until the site has been approved under Rule 14.
16. Reference to Village Panchayat where the Secretary delays to grant or refuse to approve permission.- (1) The Panchayat shall, if the Secretary makes delay in granting or refusing approval for a building site, neither gives nor refuses permission to execute any work within thirty days from the date of receipt of the application, on the written request of the applicant, be bound to determine whether such approval or permission should be given or not.
(2) Where the Village Panchayat does not, within one month from the date of receipt of such written request, determine whether such approval or permission should be given or not, such approval or permission shall be deemed to have been given, and the applicant may proceed to execute work, but not so as to contravene any provision of the Act or these rules or bye-laws made thereunder.
Provided that such execution of work shall be considered as duly permitted and not one for regularisation and the permit shall be issued as per rules even if the work has been commenced or being carried on or completed if it otherwise complies with the provisions of rule.
17. Extension and renewal of periods of permit.- (1) A development permit or building permit issued under these rules shall be valid for three years from the date of issue.
(2) The Secretary shall, on application submitted within the valid period of the permit, grant extension twice for a further period of three years each.
(3) The fee for extension of period of permits shall be ten percent of the development permit fee or building permit fee as the case may be, in force at the time of granting extension 22[and which shall exclude the fee for additional Floor Area Ratio).
(4) The Secretary may, if he deems fit, grant renewal for a period of three years on application submitted after the expiry of the permit, subject to the condition that the total period of validity of permit from the date of issue of original permit shall not exceed nine years:
Provided that in case the permits need to be extended/renewed beyond the period of nine years, the applicant shall submit an application in writing to the Committee constituted under Chapter X-A of these Rules and the committee may, after having satisfied with the genuineness of the application, recommend for extension or renewal of the permit, as the case may be, with or without condition(s) as it deems fit].
(5) The fee for renewal of permits shall be fifty percent of the development permit fee or building permit fee as the case may be, in force at the time of renewal.