Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0756
756 THE KERALA PANCHAYAT LAW MANUAL Rule 11
(x) Interior decoration without any structural alterations;
(xi) Changing the location of the building or construction within the plot;
(xii) Huts, except huts adjacent to roads mentioned in Section 235P of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994.
[(xiii) Single family residential buildings in Category II Village Panchayats under Group A1 - Residential occupancy with total built-up area on all floors up to 100 sq. metres, including existing and proposed within the plot, with number of storeys limited to two].
Provided that the details of works under items (i), (xii), (xiii) & (xiv) shall be intimated to the Secretary at least ten days before the commencement of such works, with particulars regarding the existing conditions and proposals so as to enable to make an assessment of the nature of the work. If the Secretary has any objection it shall be communicated to the owner within ten days:
Provided further that, in the case of works under item (x), photographs of the existing building before the commencement of works showing all the locations where works are proposed shall also be furnished along with the above intimation to the Secretary:
Provided also that, in the case of works under item (x), photographs of the building after the completion showing all the locations where works are carried out shall be forwarded to the Secretary within ten days after completion of the works:
Provided also that the change of location under item (xi) shall be incorporated in the completion plan.
11. Approval of site and plans and issue of permit.— (1) The Secretary shall, after inspection of the site and verification of the site plan and documents, if convinced of the bonafides of the ownership of the site and that the site plan, drawing and specifications conform to the site and the provisions of these rules or bye laws made under the Act and any other law, approve the site and [certify the same in the] site plan.
(2) The Secretary shall, after approving the site and site plan verify whether the building plan, elevation and sections of the building and specifications of the work conform to the site and site plan, and are in accordance with these rules and bye la law; and approve the plan and issue permit to execute the work.
(3) Approval of site and plans shall be intimated to the applicant in writing and the permit as in Appendix C shall be issued on remittance of the permit fee at the rates specified in Schedule II and submission of revised or modified plans, if approved with modifications or conditions.
(4) If after inspection of the site and verification of the plans and documents, the Secretary decides to refuse approval, the same shall be communicated in writing specifying the reasons.
(5) The secretary shall, if modification to any plan, drawing or specification is required or any further document or plan or information is required or fresh plan is required under these rules for taking a decision, intimate the same to the applicant in writing within 10 days from the date of receipt of such application or plan or document or information.
12. Approval of site and plans and issue of permit where excavations to a depth of more than 1.5 metres is involved. — (1) In the case of constructions/land developments which involve any earthwork excavation to a depth of more than 1.5 metres,if the depth of cutting is more than the horizontal distance of such cutting from the plot boundary, the following provisions shall apply: