Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0750
750 THE KERALA PANCHAYAT LAW MANUAL Rule 7
(2) The service plan shall be drawn to a scale not less than that of the site plan, and shall show
(i) the proposed land/plot sub-division, if any, and the uses of such subdivision;
(ii) the layout of existing and proposed water supply, electricity, drainage and sewerage mains from or to which connections are proposed to be given;
(iii) the layout of existing and proposed water supply, drainage and sewerage lines within the plot, with dimensions, specification and description of installation;
(iv) any other relevant information not specifically mentioned but may be required by the Secretary; and
(v) the north direction and predominant wind direction in relation to the site;
Note.- The minimum size of the paper on which all site plans or service plans are drawn shall not be less than 24 cm X 33 cm or A3.
(3) All plans, drawings and specifications shall be 11[certified and] signed by a registered Architect or Building Designer or Engineer or Town Planner or Supervisor as the case may be, as well as the applicant;
(4) If the plot is owned by more than one person, the application shall be submitted jointly and signed by all such persons or by any legally authorised representative of such person/persons.
(5) If the application is for joint development or re-development of more than one adjoining plot owned by different persons, the application shall be submitted jointly and signed by all the persons or by any legally authorised representative of such persons.
(6) If any approval and/or clearance other than that of the Grama Panchayat are required as per these rules and/or any other applicable statutes, the applicant shall submit sufficient number of drawings along with the application and the Secretary shall transmit the same to the authority lofficer concerned.
(7) The Secretary shall, after considering the application, plans and drawings and other documents issue development permit in the form in Appendix-B.
7. Application for building permit. — (1) Every person other than a central or State Government department who intends to construct or re-construct a building or make alteration or addition or extension to a building shall apply in writing to the Secretary in the form in Appendix A together with plans and statements in triplicate as required under these rules and documents to prove ownership of the land concerned and payment of application fee as in Schedule I along with a copy of the certificate of registration of the Architect or Building Designer or Engineer or Town Planner or Supervisor as the case may be, who has prepared and signed the plans, drawings and statements.
[(1a) Application may also be submitted through e-filing system, as may be prescribed, if such system is in force in the Local Self Government Institution concerned].
(2) In the case of any construction by Central or State Government Department, the officer authorised shall, before thirty days of commencement of the work submit to the Secretary a set plans of the proposed building along with a certificate issued by the Chief Architect or the Engineer in-charge of the works to the effect that the plans are in conformity with the provisions of these rules in all respects including conformity to any [Town Planning Scheme] prepared for the area.