Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0718
- THE DELIMITATION COMMISSION FOR THE KERALA LOCAL SELF GOVERNMENT
INSTITUTIONS RULES, 2005
[Translation in English of he Delimitation Commission for the Kerala Local Self Government Institutions Rules, 2005, published under the authority of the Governor.]
S.R.O. No. 337/2005.- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) (a) of section 10 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994), the Government of Kerala hereby make the following rules, namely:
RULES 1. Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Delimitation Commission for the Kerala Local Self Government Institutions Rules, 2005.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions -. In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,
(a) “Local Self Government Institutions" means a Panchayat constituted under the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994) or a Municipality constituted under the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 (20 of 1994);
(b) "Section" means a section of the Panchayat Raj Act or of the Municipality Act;
(c) "Commission" means the "Delimitation Commission" constituted under sub-section (1) of section 10 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act;
(d) “Member” means, the members including the Chairman of the Delimitation Commission;
(e) “Government” means the Government of Kerala State; (f) "Secretary" means the Secretary to the Commission;
(g) Words and expressions used but not defined in these rules, but defined in the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 or in the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the above said Acts.
3. Functions of the Commission. - The boundaries of the Local Self Government Institutions shall be fixed as per the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994, the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 and these Rules.
4. Powers of the Delimitation Commission.- (1) The Commission shall have the powers vested with a civil court while holding charge as per rule 5, while trying a case under the Civil Procedure Code, 1908 (Central Act of 1908) in respect of the following matters namely:
(a) To summon any witness and to enforce his attendance and to examine;
- Published in Kerala Gazette Ex. No.1766 dt 4.11.2006 as G.O.(P) No.9539/2005/LSGD