Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0639
Rule 29 K.P.R. (PUBLIC LATRINES, URINALS, ETC....) RULES, 1998 639 intentionally or negligently while removing them or fail to clean the place where it was spilt by carefully sweeping them or place or deposit any filth in any public place whether in a closed or open vessel or otherwise.
24. Prohibition of deposit of rubbish or filth into public places.- No person shall, deposit or cause-to be deposited any rubbish or filth, or other debris into any public place not intended for deposit of rubbish, filth or debris
25. Prohibition of causing nuisance in public streets etc.— No person shall cause nuisance by relieving himself in any street, public place or public path or permit any person under his control to do so.
26. Presumption as to the offender.— Where any rubbish, offensive matter, trade refuse, special waste, hazardous waste or excrementitious and polluted matter accumulated on any premises is deposited in any place in contravention of the provisions of these rules, it shall be presumed unless the contrary is proved, that such contravention has been committed by the occupier of such premises.
27. Prohibition of depositing wastes at a place other than specified for the purpose by the employees of the Panchayat engaged in rubbish and solid waste management service.- No employee of a Panchayat engaged in rubbish and solid waste management service shall throw or place any domestic waste, dust, ashes, refuse, rubbish or trade refuse or excrementitious or polluted things in any street or in any place not provided for the purpose or place or keep in any street any vehicle or carriage used for the removal of solid waste or excrementitious or polluted things or allow the same to remain in any street for any greater length of time than is reasonably necessary.
28. Power to inspect premises for sanitary purposes.- The Secretary or any officer authorised by him or the Panchayat may, at any time, inspect any premises for the purpose of ascertaining compliance with the provisions of these rules.
29. Punishment for the contravention of the provisions of the rules.- Any person who deposits or throws any rubbish, solid waste, carcasses or other wastes in contravention of the provisions of these rules or does any other act which is prohibited by these rules or fails to comply with any requisition or order received under or in accordance with these rules, shall on conviction before a Magistrate be punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.