Panchayat:Repo18/Law Manual Page0598
*THE KERALA PANCHAYAT RAJ (CONTROL OVER OFFICERS) RULES, 1997
S. R. O. No. 534/97.- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (5) of Section 179, sub-sections (8) and (9) of Section 180 and sub-sections (1) and (3) of Section 181 of the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994) read with sub-section (1) of Section 254 thereof, the Government of Kerala hereby make the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Kerala Panchayat Raj (Control over Officers) Rules, 1997.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
(1) In these rules unless the context otherwise requires,
(a) 'Act' means the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994);
(b)'appointing authority' means an Officer or authority authorised by the Government to appoint an employee to the Government Service or Panchayat Service.
(c) 'Municipality' means a Municipality constituted under Section 4 of the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 (20 of 1994);
(d) 'officer includes the Secretary appointed under sub-section (1) of Section 179, officers and employees appointed to Panchayat Service as per rules made under sub-section
(4) of Section 180 or rules made under the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1960 (32 of 1960), and any Government Officer or employee whose service has been lent to the Panchayat under sub-section (2) of Section 176 or sub-section (1) of Section 181;
(e) 'section' means a section of the Act;
(2) The words and expressions used and not defined in these rules but defined in the Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Lending of service of Government Officers and employees to the Panchayat
.(1) The Government may, by a special or general order, lend the service of any Government officer or employee inčluding temporary, full time, part time or contingent officer or employee to the Panchayat under sub-section (2) of Section 176 or sub-section (1) of Section 181.
v (2) The Government officers and employees lent to Panchayat under sub-rule (1) shall be considered as employees of Government for all matters regarding service and their service and wages conditions shall be continued as if they were continued in the Government service and their salary, allowances and other financial benefits shall be given from the Panchayat fund or contribution for the same shall be given to the Government by the Panchayat:
Provided that the Government may continue to give such salary, allowances and other financial benefits to them from the consolidated fund of the Government till the period as the Government may deem fit.